CHAPTER FIVE: SAFE

— S E O U L
1 JULY 2016

"blood..."

"...give me your blood..."

"how could you..."

"give me life!"

"i want your blood..."

"...give me your life..."

"i will haunt you!"

jungkook covered his ears and shut his eyes tightly, waiting for taehyung to come back from work.

"shut up... please, shut up!"

he heard a door open and then slammed shut loudly. cowering in fear, he literally curled himself into a ball. those whispers came back and even louder and he can feel himself suffocating as if something is surrounding him and squeezing him, almost killing him.

then another door open and was shut close but rather softly this time.

no, it's just the things playing tricks with my mind... don't think about it, just wait for taehyung to come back...

a hand was placed softly on his back but nonetheless, it managed for jungkook to scream in fear and start crying.

"jungkook! baby, hey, it's me," a familiar voice said, rubbing jungkook's back comfortingly.

no, it's not him. it can't be, he's working... don't be deceived, jungkook.

"jungkook... are you okay, sweetheart?" the voice said again.

it's not taehyung... he never calls you 'sweetheart', jungkook.

"hey, i'm here, it's taehyung, the person that died protecting you." the voice then became different and much more wicked, as if a devil possessing a human in those horror movies. "why are you hiding yourself, i'm home already, aren't i? why don't you come hug me... just like how you always pathetically hug your boyfriend in fear."

"stop... just shut up," jungkook whispered weakly, still sobbing.

the entity roared with laughter before completely disappearing when the front door opens and came in taehyung with his cheerful voice shouting "jungkookie baby, i'm home!"

"taehyungie? is that really you?" jungkook asked, slowly unwrapping himself from the ball.

"uhm, yeah? what do you mean, babe?" taehyung replied back confused. jungkook sighed feeling relieved. now this is the real taehyung.

"hold on babe, let me get rid of these annoying contact lenses," taehyung mumbled before going into the toilet to take off his brown contact lenses to conceal the red eyes of the demon.

without thinking, jungkook ran after taehyung and attacked him in a hug from the back, catching taehyung off guard, "you can't leave me."

"i won't."