CHAPTER TWO: I

— S E O U L
20 JUNE 2016

"tell me, jungkook. what happened to this guy over here. i can sense a strong will to survive from him and at the same time, i can hear you wishing for him to come back. who is he to you and why are you desperately holding on to someone who just died in the middle of this alley at 2 am."

jungkook breathed in a shaky breath trying to calm himself down before answering.

"he's my boyfriend, kim taehyung. we were just walking home from a friend's house and he got stabbed by some random drunken dude after protecting me who tried to sexually harass me," he truthfully answered. there was no point in hiding anything, he need to break the news to everyone and report the murder to the police after this anyways.

"ho, that's some heroic boyfriend you've got there. or should i say ex?" the winged male laughed at jungkook's pained expression. "hm, let's say i can bring him back. do you want it? no matter how risky and life changing it would be?"

jungkook looked at him with wide eyes. "can you... can you do that?!"

indeed, he was desperately to the tiny hope of taehyung being able to come back. even though he knows very well that his boyfriend is dead.

"of course, i am demon after all. and i can give you whatever you want," the winged male said before disappearing and reappearing behind jungkook and whispering, "money, fame, power, revenge, your dead boyfriend to be revived. just name it, and i'll give you exactly it."

clouded by the desire of taehyung being alive again, he immediately made his choice. and a satisfied grin appeared on the winged male's face.

a demon feeds on human's desire and despair. and blood serves the perfect drink for a demon.