CHAPTER FOURTEEN: DEMON

— S E O U L

01 SEPTEMBER 2016

"happy birthday, my baby bub," taehyung said the first thing when jungkook woke up from his sleep. the younger grinned lazily and went to attack taehyung in a big hug.

"thank you," jungkook replied. he was very happy, yet solemn, knowing that as soon as the clock strikes twelve midnight, he would lose his life. but it doesn't matter now. he have taehyung to spend time with. and his protective arms to keep him safe. safe from all the disturbing voices that botherd him, the disturbing nightmares that he gets every night, everything, really.

they spent their time together literally just cuddling and eating pizza while watching disney's movies. it's already around eleven at night when they started watching moana.

"tae... what if like just like the movie, there's something that can be put in me to prevent me from dying? but it's stupid, isn't it? this is real life. not disney... forget what i just said." jungkook ranted.

"happy birthday, human," a loud voice said scaring jungkook. the winged man laughed, enjoying the reaction he received. "since it's your birthday, here. a special drink for you."

11:58 p.m.

"what's that?" jungkook can't help but ask, hesitantly taking the golden cup from the demon's hand.

"something that will stop all your nightmares and disturbance," he answered with a dark grin. "i made it specially for you, as requested by your lover."

jungkook looked at taehyung skeptically who just whispered to him, "drink it, baby."

11:59 p.m.

without much pushing, jungkook drank the liquid inside the cup, tasting the odd substance inside it.

"it tastes weird..." jungkook whined as he just finished drinking halfway.

"finish it, human."

jungkook pouted and finished the remaining before putting the cup down on the table.

"tae... i feel weird..."

12:00 a.m.

down he goes, closing his eyes without a fight and collapsing in taehyung's arms. taehyung smiled softly, stroking the boy in his arm's hair softly and kissing him gently.

"i hope you don't regret your decision, taehyung. especially after the conditions that came with it."

"i won't. and about the condition, i'm okay with it. it's not like i would kill the innocents. i'd go for the criminals or those suicidals thst are willing."

"i know you are okay. but what about him? he literally made a deal with me to revive you."

"he'll deal with it. i know it, he's stronger than what he looks like," taehyung said, smiling proudly down at his unconscious lover.

"i can't believe i'm saying this but the two of you are pathetically miserable and cute it's annoying," the demon said, crossing his arms.

"then get yourself a lover, asshat," taehyung chuckled.

"i have one. but it's kinda complicated and unforbidden and shit... very annoying," the demon said, rolling his eyes, but the pain in his crimson eyes very visible to taehyung.

"what is he? or she? an angel?"

"yeah... he's an angel. his name's hoseok."

"hoseok?! as in jung hoseok?!" taehyung exclaimed, voice laced with confusion. "the heartbroken guy that literally disappears and reappears at random times like magic."

"you know him?"

"yeah... we kinda met in college."

"that's nice... how was he?"

"he's cool. but he looks visibly heartbroken when there's a couple around him," taehyung said, remembering all those moments in college when the guy who is very nice and caring but filled with pain and sorrow. "hey namjoon, what happened? why is he there when you said he's an angel."

"guardian angel. he must be looking after someone there. enough of him and me, i'm leaving. my job here is done anyways. remember to tell him the things i told you," the winged male said before disappearing into the dark.

taehyung smiled. lifting jungkook in his arms and put him to bed.

"welcome to the life as a demon now, jungkook."

a/n: !!!!!! next chapter is the last chapter :) and there will be 2 extra chaps of fluff and one epilogue sO