Let the race begin

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.

______________________________________________________________________________

After making sure that Reika was well enough to walk with them to the Grand library of Conjoir Island, Shiki and Leo followed behind the silent red head.

Shiki kept glancing between her friend and the pathway they were walking, civilians in heavy dresses and tailored suits walk pass them without batting an eye. She blew an air bubble in her mouth, puffing her cheek before she decided to speak up. 

"Reika... Are you still mad?" Shiki asked, trying to keep up with the red head who had a bit of a stomp in her steps.

"I'm not mad." the zoan user grunted.

"You sound mad."

"I'm not mad." she repeated in the same tone.

Shiki's lips pulled down, looking like she was sulking.

Silence settled between them as Leo kept quiet, observing the two friends.

"Are you angry?"

Reika let out a defeated sigh, "I'm not angry." she answered with a soft tone, stopping to turn around and face the guilty-looking Shiki, her furrowed brows, tight-lipped frown and guilty eyes made the zoan user inwardly sigh as she stared at her, "Just," she placed her hand on top of dark hair, ruffling it, "don't be reckless."

Shiki nodded as she felt her hair being flattened after having it ruffled.

"Come on, lets meet up with your idiot pirate captain." she smiled, taking a step back. Tilting her head behind her shoulder, she stared at the distance between them and their destination. It was a bit far and she wasn't really in the mood for walking.

"Reika?" Shiki questioned with a tilt of her head.

Instead of answering, Reika morphed into her hawk form. Her body grew bigger into a large rounded shape with indigo feathers sprouting from her, arms expanded as it turned into large wings while her head morphed into that of a hawk with sharp beaks and fierce red eyes.

The people around her let out a scream before running away, clearing the area.

Flapping her wings once, Reika turned her back towards them, "Get on."

Shiki easily complied, climbing on while Leo stood in his spot, staring at the soft plains of feathers, openly fluffed by a slight breeze.

Noticing this, Reika raised a brow, "What are you waiting for? Get on." she advised, lowering her back to him.

Leo couldn't help but question if this was safe, analyzing her wide back, "Uhh... I... think I might just go walk instead." he looked away, scratching his head, but when stopped when he notice both girls were giving him quizzical stairs. He quickly jumped to explain, waving his hands around frantically as if to dispel any false thoughts, "W-What I meant is- ehh... It's just that..." he hesitantly gestured a hand at her back, "there's no..." he gulped, hoping what he said next wouldn't offend her, "seat belt." he muttered. He was a bit uncomfortable about being lifted in the air with a high chance of falling if he didn't hold on properly.

Instead of being offended, Reika let out a 'Pfft', a smirk on her beak as she faced forward, "I understand." she said with a slight airy tone underneath it.

Sighing in relief, he was about to give her a smile, wanting to thank her for understanding, but before he could, he was suddenly off the ground. He shot his head up with wide eyes, just as talons flung him onto a soft feathery back before the wind hit him in full speed.