Busted

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.

______________________________________________________________________________

Law clicked his tongue when he saw the zoan user holding the book, standing there with the glowing light from the book.

Sighing in irritation, Law grudgingly trudge towards the zoan user, freeing his arms from Shiki's hold while Shiki herself was still hanging from his back, stock-still.

Standing just a feet from her, Law slightly tilted his head to the side where Shiki, whose mouth was slightly parted and eyes still wide, was left speechless. Lifting a finger up, Law casually pushed her bottom lip up, his finger lingering on the smooth surface before pulling away, "Are you just going to hang on my back all day?" he questioned, watching as she snapped whatever trance she was in.

Flinching back into reality, Shiki quickly scrambled off Law's back and frantically ran those short steps towards her friend, breaking out into sweat as she stopped in front of Reika, her hands wavering above the book, having no idea if it was safe to just take the book away.

She hesitated as she stared at the book with tightly pressed lips, frowning at the tattle-tale book while comically sweating. She inwardly berated herself. She was so used to listening to Reika that she instinctively did what she said without question.

Law watched Shiki the whole time and couldn't help but be slightly amused at the sight of her. He was still irritated that Shiki and the zoan user got in his way but seeing Shiki looking so unsure and nervous bought him into a slightly amused mood. 

"Something you like to share?" Law questioned with a raised brow, folding his arms on his chest.

"Hnnnn." she let out a small whine, surprising Law. She really didn't want to upset Reika.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Do you think they're done?" Penguin asked as he carefully placed the books at an angle against each other, trying to make his roof.

Shachi shrugged, his attention focus on his wobbly tower of books, "Should we find a bag to carry these? Captain found a lot this time." the mechanic asked instead. He gulped when it leaned a bit too far to the right but sighed in relief when it stabilized.

"Should I go get some bags from the ship?" Leo offered, getting up from his comfortable position against a sleeping Bepo.

The two mechanics didn't give much thought as they agreed to the idea, too focus on their book castle.

"Probably should." Shachi absentmindedly nodded, grabbing another book to build another tower.

Penguin let out a displeased grunt when the book roof collapsed, "You should probably hurry though." he grumbled, carefully trying to rebuild his roof. A thought then occurred in his head and told the assistant cook before he left, "And could you contact the others to prepare to go back to the ship. If an army of marines come here, we could just submerge the ship until the log pose sets."

Leo nodded and jog off, passing by the tiny old man climbing the stairs who took one step at a time.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Can I just grab it out of her hand? But if I do that, something might go wrong, but if I don't, she'll eventually see what happened. What if I get seawater and dump it on the book, that will cancel out the effect, but will it work effectively and can I make it back in time?" these were the thoughts that ran through Shiki's mind as she sucked in her lips and sweated profusely.