The search

Disclaimer: I do not own One Piece or anything related to it except for my OC and unrelated plots in this. I also do not own any pictures.
_______________________________________________________________________________

It had only been a few minutes since she left Law alone on the deck and returned to her room where Captain had been tiredly waiting for her return in the blanket cocoon she had left him in, lazily swishing his tail against the bed, causing winkles to appear.

As soon as she saw him, she cradled him and the blanket into her arms, nuzzling his soft fuzzy head that peeked out. She felt regret that she couldn't convince Law to let her keep the Penbbits.

Sighing, she smoothed out the winkles on the bed that Captain had caused, before laying on it without bothering to change. 

She closed her eyes and breathed in a lungful of air before silently releasing it. Her eyes slowly opening to stare at the ceiling while absentmindedly stroking the purring kitten curled upon her stomach, wrapped comfortable in his blanket cocoon.

"I didn't do much today..." she reflected with a frown, "I skipped work and made Leo skip as well... Pretty much ate and drank... Didn't talk to Law- but the timing was wrong, and the adorable Penbbits showed up..." her frown deepened as she thought about the end result.

Nothing.

Not even a single Penbbit.

Sighing once more, Shiki languidly turned her head towards the bedside table, staring blankly at where her baby den den mushi slept.

"Reika..." she muttered, her hand was already reaching out for it, but just as she was about to grab it, she hesitated and pulled back, sucking the inside of her cheek as she thought that she might be interrupting her.

Her eyes then trailed over to the pink book laying next to it with a tired mind.

She hasn't even finished the book Leo gave to her.

Giving up for the night, she sat up while carefully lifting Captain to the bed while she got off  and headed out.

She needed another drink.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Delicately sipping on a glass of red wine in the gallery, Shiki furrowed her brows in confusion.

While she was enjoying her drink, she decided to see if anyone was awake, especially Bepo, with her kenbunshoku haki. When she couldn't, she decided to try Jambarl.

But nothing.

Leo and Ren were in their rooms, and so were the others. Only Jambarl and Bepo were missing, causing her to develop a sinking feeling in her stomach.

Finishing the last of her drink, she stood up and abruptly left the room, quickly heading towards Leo's room.

As soon as she reached it, she knocked and headed inside without waiting for permission.

Entering the dark room, Shiki paced up to the moving lump under the blanket, sleeping soundly.

"Oi, Leo, wake up." Shiki roughly shook him until he was awake.

"Hng...?" Leo groaned, tiredly opening his eyes to see a blurred someone hovering over him, a golden eye staring right at him, "Shiki?" he questioned before sitting up to rub the sleep out of his eye, "Something the matter?" he mumbled.

"Bepo and Jambarl." was all she said, waiting for her answer.

Leo blinked, before his mind finally processed what he was being asked, "Ohh... Bepo said he was going to look for a female bear and Jambarl... I'm not sure, shouldn't he be somewhere around here?" he yawned, scratching the back of his head.