Chapter 11

Isabel POV

It has been 6 months since I have rescued Giovanni from the cold river.

It has also been 6 months since I lost my father; however, Gio helped me to let go last night. He helped me to pack and clean up my father's room, while I let out the tears of sadness for my father. I replaced my mother's photo on the stand with the picture of both my parents. I turned on the candle and did the Catholic cross.

"I love you both."

I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist as I was lost in my memories.

"Everything will be okay Bella." Gio kissed my cheek and turned me around to face him. I felt a strong attraction between us. I began to feel my heart beat faster as each second passed by. "Always remember Isabel, I will be here." He whispered against my lips, as he leaned in and touched my forehead against his.

"Just.......don't leave me alone Giovanni. Please." I was panting still. He felt my chest heaving up and down.

"How can I? I'm addicted to you. I cannot stay away from you even if I tried. I love you." He whispered. I sobbed softly and choked back some tears. I couldn't believe he said those words......those sweet tender words to me.

"You love me?" I didn't know what to say.

I was scared.

Should I say it back?

"Ever since I saw you walk into the room with that beautiful white night gown.......I remember I was in pain, yet I could not believe that you were.......helping me.......you were my angel. The way you spoke and cared for me. You were my saint."

"Gio........I don't know what true love feels like. My heart was broken a long time ago."

I heard him growl, and to be honest, it was the sexiest thing I ever heard Giovanni do.

"Who? Tell me who, Bella."

"Giovanni it's not a big deal. Really-" Then the most amazing thing happened.

He kissed me.

For the first time since we laid on eyes on each other, he kissed me lovingly and innocently, as if I was his first love.

Hmm......... maybe I was.

Then, Gio pulled away from me seeing me in a daze. He smirked and caressed my bottom lip allowing me to open my eyes.

"Are you going to tell me who the guy is?"

"His.......his name is...... Alexei Moreno."

"Alexei.... huh.... what did he do to hurt you?" I gulped because I was afraid to tell the story. Giovanni took my hands in his way to assure me that it was okay.

"Well......he was my father's patient....."

I thought I was in love.

I was 18 years old and naive to think this man that comes to see my father every week would at least like me back. He was tall, strong, blond hair, brown eyes.

My father knew his mother, but nobody knew who Alexei's father was. I went to high school with Alexei. My father always knew that I had feelings for him, but he thinks that those feelings were, 'puppy love.' As my father, it was his job to protect me, and make sure that no man would hurt me.

One day, I was completing some paper work at the front desk. Everybody in the village knew me as a very quiet young lady. Alexei walked out of my father's office after getting some stitches. He always seemed to be injured every week. It made my father suspicious, but as a young girl blinded by love I looked beyond the injuries and the scarring.