Chapter 21

Giovanni POV

I was sound asleep on the couch, and Isabel came down the stairs. She stopped in front of the couch. She ran her fingers through my hair and like always I felt myself shiver. I slowly opened my eyes and I smirked. I reached out to wrap my hand around her waist, but to my surprise she pushed me away.

"Bella. Why did you do that for?" I asked as I sat up. I rubbed my face and grabbed her by her pink, silk robe.

"Where were you last night?" She asked me with a straight face.

"Oh, come on Isabel. I am tired and-"

"Tell me." Her voice was harsher and a bit angrier than what I was used to hearing.

"I got held up at work. I'm sorry Isabel. I am. I didn't mean to forget about our date."

"We have only been in Rome for a month Gio. One month. You are not acting like yourself."

"I am myself woman. I am okay."

"No... you're not. You don't do anything with me anymore. Now, you're held up with revenge and you need to let that go."

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

"Your dad explained to me what the eagle and the scorpion tattoo represent." I glared at her and let out a frustrated sigh. "Revenge is changing you Gio."

"It is not." Apparently, she didn't hear me.

"I understand that the Rostov brothers left you for dead, but Gio this feud has got to stop."

"Who told you about the feud?" I became angry. I didn't want Isabel to know about my tattoo or anything about the feud.

"Your dad told me."

"Where is he?"

"He went out with your uncles. Talk to me Gio please. I miss the old you."

"Okay, fine. Now that you know about the feud, people already know that I am alive. If they can't get to me, then they can get to you. I don't want that. So, here I am busting my ass off to protect you."

"You broke the treaty. Why?"

"Remember in Spain when you asked me a whole bunch of questions about who I was? Well, you're doing it again. You're asking too many dame questions."

"Gio, this is crazy.......Just......" I sighed as she sat next to me. "I want to go home. With you."

"Bella, we can't."

"Yes, we can. Let's just get on the plane and go. Look at you."

"What's wrong with me?!" I yelled and got up looking at her straight in the eyes.

"Are you really happy to be here?" I suddenly stopped arguing. I sighed and licked my lips just looking into my angel's beautiful brown eyes.

"I am not happy here, but I have to be here. You don't understand......Bella...... I don't care about my life anymore. I would die for you." I kneel in front of her. "I don't want anything to happen to you. If something happens to you, then I will kill myself."

"Gio please."

"No... when Boris attacked you at the ranch... I killed him for you. It wasn't a prize. I killed him to keep you safe. Now, my enemies know where you are at. Angel, I didn't want you to worry about what is going on."

"But Gio you don't need to hide things from me because you worry me when you don't tell me at all."

"Hey...." I caressed her cheek and she sighed. "Don't worry about me."