Chapter 23

Giovanni POV

The next day, I woke in my bed groaning and cursing at myself for the dame hangover. When there was a knock at the door, I covered my face with a pillow.

"Go away!"

"It's me. Tulip. I brought you some coffee." She came into the room. "You don't look so good."

"No shit." I mumbled into the pillow and took it off my face. She noticed my luggage was packed to go somewhere. She sat on the bed next to me.

"You're leaving?" She ran her fingers through my hair and just then I felt my soul explode. I grabbed her hand and glared at Tulip angrily.

"Don't touch my hair!"

"What is wrong with you?! Let go!" She pulled her hand away from me and rolled her eyes. "I was just fixing your hair."

"Only Isabel can do that! Not you!"

"Umm......who's Isabel?" She looked at me awkwardly. I grabbed the cup of coffee and pushed Tulip away.

"My girlfriend."

"Girlfriend, huh?" She got up and looked at the bags. "Is she going with you to Cairo?" I glared at the nurse.

"How do you know I was going to Cairo?"

"There is a tag on each bag." She smirked. "What do you think I am a spy?"

"Just do your job." I finished my coffee and walked to my bathroom. "My mom needs attention."

"Alright then. I'll give your mom her coffee as well."

"Great idea." I sarcastically smiled and walked into the bathroom. I sighed and shook my head. I missed Isabel. Every time I see another girl I think of Isabel. Before I passed out last night, I remember flirting with Tulip. In my mind, all I thought about was my Bella.

I showered and changed in a black suit and went to see my mother.

"Good morning Mama." I kissed her cheek and she smiled. Tulip was setting up my mother's medication for the day in the corner table.

"My baby boy. How are you feeling?" I chuckled softly.

"I'm good Mama, but don't worry about me-"

"I should!" She smacked my arm. "Isabel has been gone for one whole day and you were flirting around with Tulip!"

"Mrs. Fiorelli." Tulip started. "I said I was-"

"I am not done with you yet young lady! I'm going to tell my husband about you!" She sighed in frustration and turned away. "What is wrong with you Giovanni? You weren't like this when you came home."

"Mama, I don't know. I just..."

"Just what? The whole dame house heard your fight yesterday morning with Isabel. I was with Zaleta in the kitchen cooking breakfast. Revenge? Gio, I thought we were all pass this!"

"Mama I....."

"Is revenge more important than Isabel?" I kneel to look at my mother and hold her sweet hands.

"She has been gone for one day, and I already feel crazy. I just.......I want what is best for her."

"What is the best Giovanni? Your death? Revenge? Innocent lives?" I started to feel guilty.

"Mama, don't do the guilty trip on me."

"Tell me Giovanni! I'm not making you feel guilty! Tell me what is the best you can do for Isabel?!"

"Mrs. Fiorelli. Why don't you calm down and drink your coffee?" My mother looked at Tulip. She didn't like her after when she saw her flirting with me. She threw her cup of coffee at the wall then turned back to me.