Chapter 14

Giovanni POV

I groaned in frustration while I walked into my room. I saw Isabel reading a book while she was lying in bed patiently waiting for me. I sat on the bed and took off my shoes. Isabel sighed and closed her favorite book looking at my backside. I took off my shirt and rolled my shoulders back trying to relax my angry soul.

"You should've never let them in the house in the first place." I complained.

"Gio, what happened?" She asked softly.

"I don't want to talk about it Bella."

She started to massage my shoulders, and I moaned at the feeling of her delicate fingers against my broad shoulders.

"Gio, I don't think they ever left you."

"Isabel don't-"

"They didn't. Giovanni. They couldn't get to you in time, but they never stopped looking for you. Just let them explain. Let them explain how they feel."

"We're men Bella. We don't talk about our feelings."

"Awe. Gio. This is ridiculous. You need closure." She told me as I rubbed my face.

"I don't know. I don't think I can face my old life, Bella. I don't think I can't talk about my family or that night with them."

"Gio......for the few hours that they have been here.... have you ever asked how your father has been doing?"

"Why the fuck should I?" I scoffed and laid down in bed. It was a killing sensation to move away from my Bella's hands. "My father is an egotistical son of a bitch. He thinks he knows everything. He was the one who sent me to Seville. He forced me to go there, even when I told him I didn't want to." I turned away from Isabel tucking myself in the blanket.

"Well........what about your mom?" She heard me suck in a deep breath, and she ran her fingers through my hair. "I know you love her. Just like she loves you unconditionally."

I transported my mind to when I watched my funeral on the news. The look on my mother's face broke my heart. She was the reason why I shut the tv off.

I woke up at 5 in the morning to tend to the horses and other duties on the ranch. I knocked on the door to Isabel father's room, which was now converted into a guest bedroom. Victor answered the door yawning. The boys were never morning people, and neither was I.......until I began to work on the ranch.

"Gio......" He yawned out loud and rubbed the sluggishness and sleepiness out of his face. "Umm......what time is it?"

"5 in the morning. I get up around this time to work." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"You've always been a late sleeper. It's different to see you up early." They both chuckled. "We'll umm.... get ready to leave then."

"Why don't you guys stay for breakfast?"

Victor looked at me surprised at me suggesting that the three of them stay a bit longer.

"Are you sure about that Gio?"

"Yeah....I'm sure." I said. "In fact, I could use some help around the ranch. Maybe we all could.......actually talk and not fight this time." Victor nodded his head and smiled softly.

"Sounds good. Um.... I'll wake up the guys." Victor closed the door, and I went to the kitchen to see Isabel making breakfast.

"Well?"

"They're staying for today too." I said as I sat at the table.

"Good. It's about time your stubbornness is moved aside." I chuckled and stared at Isabel mesmerized.

She really is the one for me.

Meanwhile, the boys were waking up early and changing. Christian washed his face and came out of the bathroom.

"What are we going to tell Papa Roberto?" Christian asked throwing on my favorite shirt once more.

"I say we tell him the truth." Leo said.

"Face it guys." Victor said. "Gio didn't want us to find out that he was alive. What makes him want the rest of the family to know?"

"You know what's insane?" Leo started. "Mama Rhiana knew he was alive this entire time."

"Well, that's called mother's intuition." Victor retorted. "Still, she lost her mind. She is in a mental institution."

"How are we going to tell Giovanni the truth?" Chris asked.

"We're not going to unless he asks." Victor said.

Isabel POV

"Oh good. I'm glad that all of you are up." I smirked as I started to plate the French toast. The men sat at the table with Gio. I served Victor, Leo, and Chris and their mouths begin to water.

"Ms. Isabel. I must say you are an amazing cook." Leo said digging into his French toast. "Mmm! This beats Chinese takeout any day!"

We laughed and enjoyed breakfast early that morning together.

"I'm going to fix the fence posts today Bella." Gio told me.

"Gio you can't do it alone." I was worried that fixing the posts would be too much work for him to handle. He smirked and waved his hand nonchalantly.

"I got help." He nodded towards his friends. They stopped eating and looked at Gio confused.

"You mean us?" Chris asked.

"Yeah yeah. I mean all three of you pricks." Suddenly, they all just laughed, and I smiled at the sight. "Come on hurry up. We got a long day." I smiled as Gio wiped his mouth and kissed me. The boys finished their meals and walked out with Gio. They got in the truck and started to store the fence posting supplies in the back of the truck.

As they were fixing the fence, the sun was shining and the breeze was soothing to the skin as the sweat glistened against their pecks and muscles. Gio was digging a hole into the dirt to firmly place the post in.

"So....." Gio said as he tried to catch his breath. He wiped off his sweat and licked his lips. "How's my mom?"

The men stopped working and looked to Gio, who continued to dig then strongly grabbed a wooden post to place firmly in the hole. He turned to look at his brothers.

"Umm......" Victor started.

Suddenly, they all heard gunshots coming from the stables. They didn't hesitate to jump in the truck and drive to the stables. They all jumped out of the car with their guns and Gio walked ahead. All the horses were dead.

Including Midnight.

"Fuck!" Gio yelled and ran out the other exit. He tried to see where the shooter went. All he saw were green pastures.

"Gio." Chris saw a note with a knife stabbed into the wood.

We know you're alive. We killed you once, and we will kill you for good. You and that little bitch too. Witness only a palmful of what kind of pain we can achieve.

He looked at the note, then the horses. He had no other choice.

"Boys." Gio said as looked out at the ranch. "Call my dad. Tell him.......I'm alive."

nosnif�{;���