Chapter 22

Isabel POV

Johnathan drove me to Diego's house and when I knocked on the door, I had tears in my eyes.

"Isabel." Diego stood at the entrance shocked and took my hand inviting me in. "What's wrong? What are you doing here?" I started to shake and I hugged Diego as I began to cry. The action took Diego back by surprise. He just held me and shushed me calmly.

"Diego... my... my world... is... is falling apart." I cried into his chest and he held me tighter. Every time I felt like I wanted to cry, Diego would be right there with me.

"Shh.......it's okay Izzy." He shut the door and I told him my entire conversation with Gio. He already knew that Giovanni was the mafia boss. I just told him......

"He changed so much Diego. All he wants is just revenge and it is scary......what if I lose him?" I whimpered lightly and wiped my tears away with Diego's handkerchief. He was always such a classy gentleman. It was such a shame not a lot of girls fell for his sweet and gentle charm.

"It is his stupidity that he is choosing revenge over you."

"He never used to be like that. He was sweet and funny. He used to be......peaceful. As if, he let go of all his anger when he was in Spain with me. Now, I want to go home with him."

"Did you tell him you want to go home?"

"Of course." I looked to Diego as I hugged the pillow against my chest.

"Well, what did he say?"

"He said, that we can't. Not yet." I looked down playing with my finger nails. "He said, that it is dangerous."

"Izzy, don't you think that this relationship has ran its course?"

"No.....he loves me. I know it." I looked at Diego as he looked down looking heartbroken. He ran his fingers through his short black hair.

"I need a drink." He stood up from the couch and looked at me nervously. "Would you like a something?"

"I am hungry."

"I can cook you some steak and potatoes."

"Yeah. That sounds good."

As Diego was cooking in the kitchen, I heard him playing Duele el Corazón by Enrique Iglesias. I saw him banging on some pots as he was playing along to the music, and I giggled leaning against the kitchen table. Soon, his gorgeous smile came out as he began to sing the song to me. I laughed as I began to feel better. He danced over to me, and the magnetic pull of the song made me want to dance along. I smiled and laughed as he snaked his arm around my waist and we swung our hips to the music like gypsies.

As the song began to die down, so did our dancing and I panted like crazy as he spun me one last time. I look into his brown eyes and he stared into mine. I was lost. What was going on with me?

I was in love with Giovanni. I may be mad with him, but I love him with all my heart. I remember that when he first opened his eyes. They were a deep-sea blue, and I was feeling my heart race like a horse in a Kentucky Derby.

Then, that thought led to the day I left Giovanni just to go to the library. When I can back, he was heartbroken.

Giovanni POV

"W-where's that d- drink?!" I threw the bottle at my office wall. I couldn't focus when my Bella was with another man. She says that Diego is her best friend from her childhood years, but I can't help but to be jealous. She is mine.

Isabel is my angel.

Isabel is my woman.

Isabel is my sanity.

My saint.

I opened my eyes one day and just saw her beauty. I remembered her compassion. Her kindness. I chuckled in unbelievability and shook my head. Victor gave me my bottle of beer.

"Am I-I r-re-really doing.... the right thing? I'm leaving... my Bella." I started to whine and whimpered as I dangled the beer bottle between my fingers.

"We're going to Cairo." Victor said. "You shouldn't be so upset. We're going to get Peter."

"Yeah......Peter......f-ff- fucking Peter!" I finished my beer and threw the other bottle at the wall.

"Hey!" Chris said. "My mom said if you keep throwing bottles like that she is not cleaning that shit up!"

"Shut up!" I yelled.

"Oh, come on boys. Let him drink it off. Isabel did leave him anyway." Leo said as he lit a cigarette in his mouth.

"Quit saying that!" I yelled.

"If you miss her that much then go after her." Chris said.

"She... she hates me." I whined. Soon, Tulip, my mom's nurse, walked into the liquor room. We all looked up at her, but she kept a small smile. "Wwwwhat are you... you doing......here?"

"Oh, I was just looking for you Giovanni. Just wanted to let you know your mom is asleep." She smiled at me and I nodded softly.

"Thanks."

"Gio." Victor said. "Let's go to bed."

"Come on man. We got to get up early tomorrow." Leo said.

"I'm not leaving without talking to my angel!" I yelled.

"I got him guys." Tulip came over to me and placed her hand on my chest to calm me down. "Calm on handsome." When I saw Tulip for the first time, I did admit that she was very attractive. Brown hair. Green eyes. Pale skin. Tall and thin.

"Handsome huh?" I drunkenly chuckled. "Wh.....what are you......t-trying to do? F-flirt with me?"

"Hmm......Maybe." Tulip saw me smirk and helped up. I wrapped my arm around her waist right in front of the eyes of Victor, Leo, and Chris.

"You have a girlfriend." Chris stated. "Remember that Gio? You didn't act like this when you are with Isabel."

"Shut the fuck up! If Isabel is....is with th-that fucker! Probably......sucking his face... So.....I'm talking!" I lunged forward and passed out cold.