Happily Married

Rayne's POV

"I'm sorry this is the first time I could reach you.. I swear it's like as soon as I landed in New York, I was put straight to work." Michael chuckles.

"I understand.." I respond, I honestly wasn't paying attention to anything he said. I held that piece of paper with Andre's number in my hand, crumpling it up for the fourth time. I contemplated calling him, there was nothing wrong with having friends. Only problem is, I knew he had a little crush on me, that's what would make this awkward.

"Ray, are you upset with me cause I couldn't make the gallery opening? You're really quiet.." Michael interrupts.

"No babe, I get it.. I was just thinking that's all. I'm not mad at you at all." I smile. I catch a glimpse of the time, "Michael it's 9 over here, that means it's 12 over there. Try and get some sleep, I'll see you Sunday night. I love you."

"Are you giving me a bed time?" He chuckles.

"Yes." I laugh, "you're sleep pattern sucks already. Go to bed."

"It'd be easier if you were sleeping with me.." he says sneakily, his voice lowering and causing me to blush.

"Hmm, really? Why is that?" I smirk.

"Cause, I could wrap my arms around you and bring you all close to me.. 'cause you're all soft and warm.."

"Mmhm.. I could do the same thing-"

"Mom.. I'm thirsty." Camille walks in, rubbing her eyes.

"Ok baby, I'll bring you some water. Mike that's your daughter, I've gotta go." I sigh.

He groans, "tell her I said goodnight, even though she ruined my phone call.."

"Goodnight Michael!" I laugh.

He whines, "night.. love you" he says with a pout before he hangs up.

The next morning, Michael called to speak to the kids giving Camille some really upsetting news. "What do you mean you won't be here til next Sunday?" She says sadly.

"I know Millie, I'm sorry baby girl, it's just work. I'll give you a call on Friday and then when I get back you and I will take a trip ok? Please don't be upset."

"But daddy, I want you to be here for my birthday.. besides who's gonna keep Mikey out of my room." She whines.

"I'm sure Rayne will keep him out.. I promise I'll call you extra early to sing happy birthday really loud so you can hear me from New York all the way to California.."

Camille gives an unsatisfied sigh, "fine.." she groans handing me the phone.

I give a sympathetic sigh over the phone, "how many more missed birthdays before she hates me?" He says sadly.

"Stop it, she's just upset. You know she doesn't hate you. Never will." I smile.

"Are you gonna be ok with all those little girls and our mischievous son by yourself?"

"I'll just have Derrick come and help.. I have to make sure Michael doesn't flash the girls and scar their little eyes like he did his sister." I chuckle.

"I wonder why he keeps taking his diaper off.." Michael laughs. "I gotta go Ray, I'll talk to you guys later."