Questions and Answers

Rayne's POV

Even after a few days, it was still hard to understand that I had a sibling. I still hadn't called her, and honestly I wasn't sure I would. Why would she wait all these years to connect with me? The way I grew up, I couldn't imagine having a sibling to deal with that pain with me.

I went through so many emotions, I was angry because, why would my mother keep her from me for so long? Why did Alonna get the pleasure of not having to grow up with my abusive mother? I was confused from the fact that my mother actually had another child and never told me, she cheated on my dad.

I sat up in bed, staring down at the now wrinkled card in my hand holding my sister's phone number.

"Call her." Michael says, his eyes studying me at the door. "It's not easy finding out you have a sibling, I know." He says sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm so conflicted.." I sigh.

"Let me guess, you're upset and angry and confused? Right?" He says, he leans his feet on the bed, pulling me into his arms.

I nod silently, I know Michael knew exactly what I was going through after dealing with his sister for the past 20 years. He still hadn't accepted Joh'vonnie as his sister, and I was afraid I'd be like him and hold resentment against the wrong person.

I sat there quietly as Michael picked up the phone and handed it over to me. "Invite her over, get your questions answered.. don't be like me." He says.

I sigh, taking the phone and slowly dial the number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Alonna... it's Rayne."

Her voice sounding just as exasperated as mine, "hey Rayne... what can I help you with?"

"I'm ready to talk.. I just needed some time to think. So I want to invite you over.. so we can get to know each other." I stutter through the statement.

She breathes heavily, "ok, I'm glad you called.." I let her know my address and she told me she'd be here within the next two hours.

"I'm proud of you." Michael says, his arm placed around me.

***

I'm glad she was coming while the kids weren't home, Camille was at school and Michael was with Siggy's for the day. Siggy had practically adopted Michael as his own, which I thought was ok seeing as how Michael doesn't have a older brother to look at, only his dad.

But I wasn't sure if I wanted her to meet my kids yet, I was already uncomfortable she was meeting my husband.

"You have to give her some credit, at least she didn't go to the media about this.." Michael says walking into his office door, as I finalized my cleaning in the living room.

Leon escorted her inside the house and I gave him the ok to leave us alone.

Alonna cautiously walked in with her briefcase in hand, a small awkward grin on her face.

"Hi, I'm glad you called.." she says. "Can I sit down?"

"Yeah of course.. sorry." I sigh sitting at the table opposite her.

"I brought my briefcase full of documents for all of your questions.. I know proof is the main thing you need to accept all this. So please ask me anything." She prepares herself, placing her hands on the table with a soft smile.

My eyes wander, going completely blank in questions I had I simply ask her. "How'd you get here... what's your story?"

"Well.. Tammi and my birth father Richard Grim were on and off for about a year in 1960.. then in 1961, I was born."