Mommy's Thirty-Nine Year Old Secret

Michael's POV

Mother was known to have a post- thanksgiving breakfast the next day, so all of the family stayed at the Hayvenhurst home for the weekend. It's very rare we all see each other often so when we get together it's usually for the weekend anyway.

I woke up in my old room, my wife's arm clutched around my chest and her ear on my heart. I look around the room to see all my old posters of Diana Ross and Elizabeth Taylor, giggling at how they were so old they curled in the corners. Rayne flashed her light eyes at me with a smirk, "good morning" she said.

I grin pecking her nose softly, "good morning, you seem like you slept well." I reply watching her sit up to stretch.

"I did, although I don't know how we made things work in this full size bed of yours back in the day." She chuckles, her curl falling on her face.

"Yeah I know right, it seemed a lot bigger when we were kids." I groan.

Camille slowly creeped in the room a pillow and blanket in hand, her eyes still shut. She lays on the floor giving a low yawn.

"Your cousins wake you up?" Rayne asks.

Camille gives a nod, stuffing her face as far as she can into the pillow. "They're so loud.." she muffles. She brings her blanket over her head as I get up to cut on the light.

"Well, baby girl, grandma's about to start making breakfast." I said tossing on a shirt.

"Well wake me when it's ready. It's too early." She groans.

"At least get in daddy's bed, that way you won't hurt your back laying on the floor." Rayne stands grabbing one of my old shirts and shorts out of my drawer. All the clothes she packed, and she still decided to wear my things.

I watch her brush her teeth and push her thick hair into a bun then grab her hand to walk downstairs. We were met by my sister Janet and our nephew Siggy in the living room.

"Good morning" Rayne smiles. I give Janet a small smirk before heading into the kitchen.

She follows me in with a grin, "it's so good to see you two happy again." She says.

"It feels good." I smile grabbing a glass of orange juice.

"She's doing a lot of grinning.. what you'd do in mother's house last night?" Janet smirks.

My face practically turns red at her question as I giggle awkwardly, "we didn't do anything last night!"

"Mmhm, come on tell Janet, Jehovah will forgive you." She giggles.

I walk back towards the living room, "there's nothing to tell." I chuckle, "we just talked about everything and we settled it." I walk out to see my son sitting in Siggy's lap watching whatever child show he could find seeing as how we didn't carry his alphabet tape everywhere we went.

"Where's Camille?" Siggy asks.

"In my room sleeping, she's not much of a morning person.. she said the rest of her cousins were too loud." I explain sitting down.

Mother comes down a few moments later with Rebbie and 'Toya. "Good morning everyone, Michael are you the only one of your brothers awake?"

I nod "as always mother."

She shakes her head, usually if we were younger she'd wake ALL of us up at 7 in the morning to do chores. I guess that early bird time stuck with me.