Maria

Rayne's POV

I sat in the bathtub to myself quietly letting the water run against my skin, simply reflecting on what has become of my marriage. Something I had never expected to happen, had ultimately occurred years ago. I kept imagining that woman with her hands rubbing against my husband, enjoying the things I've enjoyed, touching places I've only touched, and her lips trailing the same way as mine.

I brought my knees up to my chin and wrap my arms around them, holding myself tight. No matter how much I shut my eyes, I still saw them. I let a few tears fall, rolling down my shoulder and into the water. I tried to quiet my sniffles so I wasn't heard, but the thought of Michael being with someone else is utterly heartbreaking.

He and I have always had our issues but nothing THIS bad. We've had our thoughts but never acted on them from what I knew, and now I sat here thinking on my next move if this child was his. The water ended up getting cold so I decided to finally get out, drying my face on my towel and throw on some comfort clothes, one of Michael's sweatsuits for when he's in disguise. Even though my eyes were pretty red from tears, I attempted to splash some cold water in my face to cool the heat from crying.

My son walks in with a grin mumbling a "hi mommy" causing me to smile. He manages to climb on Michael and I's bed and crawls in my lap to hug me. I chuckle wrapping my arms around him tightly. My kids made everything easier when it came to Michael and I's problems. We dealt with everything because our kids remind us they are better than anything we could ever create together and they deserve the best we could offer.

Although that little thought of Michael and that woman crept around my mind, I managed to move throughout the day a little easier. I carry Michael downstairs where his father sat on the couch quietly, looking like I did in the bathroom. I greeted him with a small throat clear and sat beside him, a large amount of space between us. His eyes met mine before diverting back to the ground where they searched.

"Did you talk to her yet?" I ask quietly, my eyes watching Mikey roll his toy truck around.

He subtly shakes his head, "no..left a voicemail." He responded. "I don't understand it's been a week and I haven't heard anything.." he groans.

I nodded at his response. The thing was, Michael and I hadn't even discussed the fact he cheated on me, he just confirmed it happened. We were too focused on his public image, with it already being tarnished because of the scandal with Audrey back in the 90's, I didn't want anything to mess him up. Especially with him working on an album and possibly a tour, anything could ruin him.

The house was relatively quiet until Camille came home from school for the last time until next month. We'd be traveling to New York after this weekend for Michael to focus back on his album. Even with Camille home, there was very little dialogue between Michael and I. We packed the kids up and get them ready for our flight the next Monday morning. Michael ended up finishing up with Mikey before I did with Camille, so when I walked in on him packing, he looked surprised.

"I pulled out your suitcase.." he muttered, folding a shirt to place in his suitcase.

"Thank you." I reply. I grab it and roll it to the opposite end of our bed. We both quietly packed, sneaking glances at each other, as if we're trying to gauge each other's emotions. Almost like we're trying to read who's gonna speak first.

Michael lets out a small chuckle, causing me to look up. "What?" I ask.

"Remember that shaving cream I was looking for?" He asks, holding the unopened bottle in his hand.