Make It Right

Rayne's POV

I yawned lowly, stretching my arms across a very familiar feeling bed. My eyes opened to see I was in Michael's room, but I was still clothed, and covered with one of the extra blankets we kept in the closet. I remembered falling asleep on his couch, I guess he carried me upstairs. I sleepily looked around and found Michael sound asleep on the floor beside me, nuzzled into the few pillows and our comforter from the bed. I smile to myself, shaking him awake. "Mike..."

"Hm?" He muffles.

"Why are you on the floor?"

"I didn't wanna disrespect you, I know we're in the middle of a divorce so... I didn't want to give myself the wrong idea..." he says mid yawn.

"I could've slept on the couch.." I sigh, "well, I'm awake now so you can get in bed if you're still sleeping.. I'm up.. I'll get Camille ready for school." I say standing, and stepping over him.

"I've gotten so comfortable down here, I don't think I'm gonna move." He smirks cuddling into his pillows more.

I giggle, "you've got a bad enough back.. it'd be best if you get in bed. But do your thing" I surrender shutting the room door.

I see my daughter, putting a plate of French toast sticks in the microwave, already dressed in her school uniform. "Well good morning." I grin, pecking the top of her head. "You're up early.. and all ready for school.."

She nods, "daddy taught me how to set an alarm to wake up for school." She was still pretty upset about Michael and I getting a divorce. "Dad just puts my hair in a bun and Leon takes me to school." She says, placing her plate in front of her.

I frown, "he doesn't ride with you to school?" I ask.

She shakes her head, occupied with her food. I place her hair in a neat bun. "How about, I ride with you today."

"No thanks.." she sighs.

My eyebrow raised, "you sure?" I stammer.

She nods once again, not saying much, she grabs her plate and places it in the dishwasher. "Will you be here when I get back?" She asks, her hopeful eyes staring at me.

"...I don't know.. maybe, if your dad still needs me." I wince with a shrug.

She sucks her teeth lowly, "ok. See you later. I guess." She says grabbing her bag and exiting the room without a second thought.

I run my hands across my face, this instability was affecting my daughter terribly. After about two more hours Michael and my 3 year old son were finally awake. Mikey really did take after Michael in every way imaginable even down to his sleeping habits.

"I thought you left after Camille left for school.." Michael says, carrying Mikey down the steps towards the kitchen.

"Hi mommy." Mikey smiles, reaching his arms to me.

I grin at him back, "I was gonna, I just- I didn't wanna leave until I knew you were ok. You don't need anything else?"

"Actually, I need you to hang on to Mike while I talk to my assistant and my lawyer. I can't avoid this forever right?" He scoffs, heading straight into his office.

I stammer, "are you gonna eat breakfast?"

"Uh... yeah. Sure.." he lies, without even facing me. Clearly, he can feel my eyes piercing through the back of his head because he turns towards me.

"Michael... you gotta eat. Please.." I sigh.

"Alright." He submits, heading to the kitchen.

I giggle, "that was easy... usually you fight me on that. I'd have to force food down your throat."