Changes At Home

Michael's POV

*A week later

"I'll see you two on Sunday night, okay?" I assure Camille as she got in the car. Clicking her seatbelt, she whines once more "why can't you come with us? Mommy is probably not even upset with you anymore."

I sigh, "I can't Camille... that's that. I love you okay?" I lean in to kiss their foreheads. Mikey returned with an "I Love You" back but Camille simply pouted and groaned "I guess" while wiping her forehead where I pecked her.

I give her a sympathetic grin. I couldn't even be upset, she was cute and stubborn, just like her mother. Rayne and I hadn't spoke since that last text message we sent that evening she left. Ever since then, I'd been worried about her and hoped she was alright. She'd only call to talk to Camille and Mikey, and that was through Millie's cellphone. I shut the door signaling Wayne to drive off and head back inside.

The weekend was mine, after having the kids alone for a full week straight I could understand why Rayne rejoiced Saturday's and Sunday's when the kids were at my mom's. I had time to myself.. but I soon found there was nothing to do accept wait for the kids to come back.

I decided to call my assistant and schedule a day of play at my ranch. We called into hospitals for sick children who were mobile enough to play on rides and visit Neverland. It had been a while since there was joy in the house, it'd lift my spirits and the children's.

***

The next morning started bright and early, Ramone scheduled a wake up call for me and prepared me for the long day ahead of me. Neverland was fully staffed, it reminded me of back in the 80's when I had first bought the place. The classical music played throughout the park and for the first time in 5 years I heard my train passing through the little station closest to my house. It honestly made me smile, the kids weren't even here yet and I was already feeling like I was 12 again. I decided to get on a couple rides by myself telling the operators, "go easy on me, it's been a while" before boarding each one.

The kids practically ran through the gates the way they were excited. I stood at the front to meet them and the few chaperones that were there as well. Trampled with little arms wrapped around me from every direction, I chuckle at their excitement. "Welcome to Neverland" I smile. "Alright settle down guys." I explain.

"There are gonna be some rules ok? I want you guys to have fun, but I want you to be safe. There's a lot of land out here... don't venture off unless you've got an adult. Don't go anywhere where you see a big red sign and most importantly, enjoy yourselves. We've got lots to do!" I lead them to the movie theatre my candy table fully stocked with every candy you could imagine. This was honestly one of my favorite places but I had to cut it off once my kids came in the picture.

"Michael? Can we watch a movie on your big screen?" One kid asked.

"Of course! I have movies playing all day! But I don't know about you guys.. I'm excited to go out to the theme park." A couple kids grabbed my hands and one looked at me and said, "I'm sticking with you Mr Jackson!" I giggle as we all head outside.

It was a fun day, to say all those children had fun was an understatement. I'm so glad I could make them smile. As kids were leaving two kids asked if they could stay the night, Drew and Dominic. "They'd really love it Michael." Their parent says to me, his smile seemingly sincere. "They don't have much time left... their doctor gave them both 6 months to live. It'd mean the world to them."

To see these two kids full of happiness and life, knowing that in 6 months they'll be stripped away from that joy, broke my heart. I sigh, my kids weren't gonna be here all weekend. "Why not?" I shrug...