Similarities

Rayne's POV

"Mike..." I start, pulling the blankets back on our bed as he brushed his teeth in the bathroom. "I wanna start working again." I continue.

"For what?" He giggles, "I'm not even working. Why should you?" He says walking around the opposite side of the bed to sit.

"Well I like doing it, and I haven't created in a while. I figure, now that you're home, I'll have more time to paint."

"Well if that's what you wanna do, I fully support that." He grins pecking my forehead.

I slightly smile, "good.. I've already agreed to a business plan with- someone.."

Michael's eyes light up, "really? Who?"

I fidget a little, "don't be upset..." I start, watching Michael's smile slowly disappear. "Andre called and—"

"Ray are you serious?" He says annoyed, cutting me off.

"Mike it's strictly business.. I swear."

"I don't trust him Rayne.. You know this. He has no respect for our marriage at all."

"But I do and I'd never let anything get between us." I try to explain. Michael gives me a sigh, rolling his eyes away from me.

"Rayne given the past history with this guy, you have some kind of attraction to him. I'm nervous about this.. and I don't know how I'd take it if you-"

I groan, "mike. I'm not gonna do anything.."

"I'm gonna support you. But I'm not too happy about this. I wanna trust you.. just don't prove me wrong." He says laying on his side, bringing his blanket over his shoulder.

I couldn't say anything else.. I simply laid beside him.

***
Andre and I finally started our project and today was the first day. I gathered all my painting supplies in my bag and place it at the door. I kiss Mikey sitting at the table eating breakfast, before being met at the door by my husband. "Have a good day babe." He smiles weakly, handing my bag to me. "I love you." He adds, pecking my lips.

"I love you too Mike..." I reply, his eyes practically begging me to rethink this entire thing. I know I'm attracted to Andre, but this is pure business and I'm gonna let him know that before we even get started.

Leon takes me over to the studio, opening my door. "Do you need me in there?" He asks.

"No, it's just me today.. you can relax out here." I smile. I look over and see Andre's car sitting in the parking lot a few spots away.

"Hey!" He gleams, He zips his jumpsuit to the waist before tying the sleeves around his white T-shirt, it was already splattered with dry paint from past projects.

"I brought coffee and donuts if you didn't eat breakfast... it's not much but I mean.." he starts.

"Thanks..." I start. He grabs a donut placing it to my mouth.

"Take a bite. They're fresh." He smiles.

"I'm good.." I say turning my head.

"Cmon, one bite. They're best when they're fresh like this." He coerces.

I shake my head. "Andre, I'm good. Honestly.." moving his arm. "Listen, we need to get started... I'm gonna go change.." I clear my throat walking towards the bathroom.

"Ok look, this is purely business-" I begin.

"I already know. No funny business. I got it." Andre says holding his hands up.