"You're Such A Big Sister"

Rayne's POV (This is a filler chapter)

Michael, Camille, and I sat in the studio watching Michael record one of his tracks called "The Lost Children." Camille clapped along quietly, she's been in the studio with Michael so many times she knows when to be quiet and when she can talk, but it was so difficult to get Michael to quiet down so Mike could start recording.

Even if he was quiet, he would be crashing his toys together and that would disrupt to the background noise for the music. I giggle at how Camille would attempt to quiet Mikey down while being loud herself.

"Guys I really need to lay down this track.. and I can hear you in my headphones.. you have to be quiet." Michael sighs irritably.

"Sorry daddy.. I'm trying to stop Mikey.." Camille says placing her hand over Mike's mouth.

I chuckle again grabbing Michael from the floor and placing him on my lap, "I'll keep him quiet." I whisper.

"I'm hungry" Michael whines right before his father starts to sing again causing him to huff quietly and place his hands on his hips.

"The quicker I can do this the quicker we can grab something to eat Michael." He replies. He steps out the booth motioning Camille and Michael to follow him back inside. I frown to see what he was doing. "I've got an idea, go to the end of the track." He instructed the engineer.

He places Mikey on his lap and let's Camille stand in between his legs, "read this." He tells Camille, pointing at the sheet in front of him. She shyly reads the small line, causing me to silently giggle.

"Daddy what's this word?" She points to the sheet.

"Chrysanthemums.. don't worry. You don't have to read that line." He explains. I loved seeing Michael as a father, explaining big words to Camille, laughing at Mikey's inexplicable noises.

After a few minutes, Michael and the kids emerge from behind the booth door, greeting me with a smile. "I think that's as far as I'll get on this track until you get back from Detroit."

"What'd you just do?" I ask, feeling Mikey's little fingers grip around mine.

"Recorded them for the ending of my song. Why not put the kids in."

"Are we in gonna be on your new song Daddy?" Camille gleamed up.

"Yes princess!" He smiles back down to her.

***

We stopped at the closest McDonald's and headed home, passing a few homeless people on the route.

"Daddy, why are there people sleeping on the street? It's cold out there." Camille asked, pressing her nose against the tinted glass.

"Well, they don't have a place to sleep.. Wayne stop the car please." Michael instructs, he pulls out his wallet and pulls out a $100 bill, pushing it out the small crack in the window.

"What's he doing?" Camille asked.

"He's giving the homeless lady money... maybe it'll help her grab some food." I explain.

"When I get older I wanna help homeless people." Camille says, settling back in her seat.

"You can. Always help people, it's the right thing to do." Michael instructs.

***

Once the kids are settled in bed, Michael stays up to help me pack for my trip for Detroit tomorrow. Whatever he claims as helping me pack, seeing as he's in the bathroom freaking out about why he can't find his other bottle of shaving cream.