When?

Rayne's POV

Every day was easier than the next when it came to this collaboration with Andre. He and I were getting along pretty well and he was slowly starting to respect Michael and I's marriage.

We still had a pretty long way to go as far as finishing our painting, I sigh standing over the long canvas on the floor. "Andre, this was a really great idea and I'm pretty sure some crazy billionaire is gonna buy this and make us a lot of money." I smile.

He stands next to me, "I'm glad you decided to do this with me." He says, placing a hand on his hip.

"It's getting a little late let's wrap up here and meet back tomorrow?" I say packing away my supplies.

"Ok..." he starts, "can I treat you to dinner?"

"What?"

"Dinner.. just as a friendly gesture. You know, for collaborating with me." He smirks.

I stammer, "Andre, I don't know..."

"I feel like we're past all that.. come on.. let me take you to dinner." He enthuses, taking his jumper off revealing his clean clothing underneath.

I clear my throat, checking the time, the kids have definitely already eaten and it's more than possible Michael is asleep. Andre and I were past the awkward stage of him flirting with me, so I guess it'd be ok. "Alright.." I submit.

"I promise to have you home before midnight" he laughs.

I snicker back, "Ima grown woman.."

"A married one, with kids.. you should be back by 12." He adds, opening my truck door for me.

***

"So, with the money we'll be making in this artistic crossover.. what'll you do with your share?" Andre asks as we sat at the table.

"I'm gonna keep a little of it, but.. I wanna start a foundation for abused kids and this money will definitely help to start that." I smile. "I haven't told Michael yet, but I know he'd be happy to hear it. I've got all the paperwork in my bag, I can't wait to show him when he wakes up."

Andre grins, shaking his head. "Rayne you have such a beautiful smile to go with that beautiful soul. That's really sweet of you."

"Thank you." I answer shyly. "I know about abused kids all too well, so it's something I'm really passionate about."

"That's beautiful.." Andre says, his eyes locking with mine. "You know what, I'm gonna take some of my money and donate to that cause.. I can't imagine what those kids go through."

"A lot... they go through a lot." I sigh, Andre grabs my hand squeezing it tightly. I give him a polite smile.

My phone breaks my focus to a text message from Michael on screen. "Where are you? Are you ok?"

"Is that hubby?" Andre chuckles, "I guess it's time for you to go." He stands, wrapping his arm around me for a hug, his hand resting on my lower back, and his cologne rubbing against my shirt.

"Yeah. He's worried. Thanks for dinner Andre. I'll see you tomorrow." I smile sweetly, heading toward the door.

"I'll bring coffee." He yells back with a wink.

Michael's POV

I kept looking at my phone, waiting for some kind of buzz or alert from Rayne, simply telling me she was okay. Maybe she worked late with Andre, is what I tried to tell myself. But my brain was thinking of Rayne in the worst way, knowing that Andre was attracted to my wife, and my wife was slightly attracted to him. It scared me to think Andre could have his hands on her right now.