The Big Sister Thing

Hey everyone, thanks for reading so far! Just wanted to let you know the next few chapters are a few fillers because Michael is only rehearsing, so the focus will mostly be on Rayne and her sister!

Rayne's POV

"Ok Alonna, I'll let you know.. bye bye." I chuckle in a fake tone before hanging up my phone. I toss it to the side where Michael slept releasing an irritable sigh.

Michael chuckles "what's wrong?" He turns to look up at me.

"Alonna is constantly trying to make some kind of plan to get together and I'm just not ready. It feels forced." I groan.

Michael gives me a look, "like how you tried to force me to deal with Joh'vonnie?" He asked smugly.

I hold up a finger, "no no, that was different. You know Joh' is your sister, I don't know if Alonna is honestly my sister."

"Although she has paper work and a birth certificate with your mother's name on it.." his matter of fact tone causing my lip to curl in frustration. "..but there's such a strong possibility she's not your sister." Michael laughs sarcastically, he stands to head into the bathroom, "face it.. you've got a sister."

"Shut up." I mutter, "it just feels like this is an elaborate joke. I could only imagine how hard my mother is laughing."

Michael laughs louder, standing in front of me as I push my bed head out of my face, "aww baby." He says before pecking my forehead. "What's really bothering you?" He asks, sitting on the bed with my legs in his lap.

I shrug, fiddling my fingers. "I don't know, it's just hard to accept. She told me she had a good life.. well I didn't. Why did mom give her up? Why not me?"

"Well... think of it this way, if your mom gave you up instead, you wouldn't have had two kids with a man you're so deeply in love with." He chuckles, "and all of this, would belong to your sister." He smiles.

I laughed, "technically no. Her dad didn't live across from the Jackson 5.. she wouldn't have ever met you." I fold my arms, "You still had a chance with me either way."

"Well aren't I lucky?" Michael laughs. "Seriously, I think you and your sister need to bond.. she has no idea who her mother was, at least show her that you're not like your mother. Don't shut her out babe."

I give him a playful pout, "you always know just what to say." I roll my eyes, he gives me a grin before heading downstairs to make breakfast for the kids.

***

I decided to listen to Mike for once. Even though when it came to talking him into dealing with his sister, it was like talking to a brick wall. I called Alonna back and set up a spot for us to meet. Michael had Leon tag along with me, even though he knew I hated having security with me everywhere I go. He felt like "things weren't going well" because he's had to change his cell number 3 times in the last 5 months. Just being my paranoid husband, as usual.

I grabbed a seat at the booth in the back while Leon stood off to the side, Alonna, rushed in giving me a small smile and reaching out for a hug, her short blue heels clicked across the wood floor in a hurried rhythm to get to me.

"Hey, I'm so glad you called back!" She smiled, sitting in front of me. "And you beefed up security this time." She chuckles awkwardly.