I Know You Love Me

Michael's POV

I hung up the phone quietly in my office, letting out a deep sigh. My eyes shift over to the photo of Rayne and I a few days before our wedding, knowing I wasn't going to be welcomed to that same smile when she got home later tonight. Camille walked in from school with Wayne as he handed her the big board, giving me a small nod and heading back out.

"Thanks Wayne." Camille smiles, setting her backpack on the table. She pulls out all of her materials for her project before giving me a quick smile. "Hi daddy. Where's Mikey?" She asked.

"Taking a nap.." I explain raising the baby monitor in my hand. "Have you decided what you want your project to be?"

Camille nods, "mom said we'd build a volcano." She explains, getting into her project.

I sigh loudly sitting next to her, "I'm sure.." silently awaiting the fire storm that was my wife.

I wasn't sure how to explain to Rayne what happened during the dangerous tour, I thought nothing would ever resurface. I was honestly afraid of the outcome after Rayne and I have our talk.

Rayne's POV

On the flight home I sat in a small silence in my seat, I wasn't even upset, simply confused. "I don't know how to handle this. Where did that woman even come from?" I ask.

Alonna grips a piece of paper in her pocket and pulls it out, "oh.. she handed me this if you needed to contact her once you told Michael. What did he even say when you asked?" She questions.

"He was just quiet.. and asked me what happened, like he knew. I think he actually cheated on me." I groan placing my head in my hand. "I'm not gonna let my thoughts go there." I sigh calmly but inwardly I was freaking out.

"Do you wanna stay at my house for a day or two?" Alonna offers.

"If things get that bad, I'd usually sit at my father's old house.."

"Well you don't need to be alone.. I'll come over. Just call me!" Alonna says. It felt like having a sister was starting to be useful, I really needed support.

***

After dropping off Alonna, Leon and I pulled up to the main house in Neverland and cautiously walked toward the door, I walked in on Michael, mike jr and Camille eating dinner at the table. The look of nervousness on Michael's face mirrored mine as he cleared his throat. "Hey.."

"Hey" I replied.

"Mommy!!" My kids celebrated together, Camille taking a quick sprint to me to hug me.

I replied with a smile, wrapping my arm around her and pecking Mike jr's mash potato covered cheek. I pat Michael on his shoulder, heading to the stairs. "I'll be in the room when you're ready.."

Michael and I worked together to get the kids into bed, with not a word muttered between us. We were both nervous of the outcome of the conversation we were preparing for.

Before finally heading into the room, I stop and hug him at the door. I'm not sure what compelled me to do it, but I wanted him to know I still loved him no matter the circumstances we may face afterwards.

I sat on the edge of the bed, "so.." I say.

"So..." he echoes with an exhale. "What happened?"

"It's still a little fuzzy. I just remember a woman showing me a birth certificate and telling me her child was yours.. and the child looked a little older than Camille or Camille's age.. so I need to know. Did you cheat on me Michael?"

Michael paces the room silently, "during the dangerous tour, I had a little slip up. This is when I was on painkillers heavy and it may have been one of those days I couldn't contact you I'm not sure."

I lean my head forward, letting my arms rest on my knees, "No Michael, why?" Exhaling sharply.

"Baby I'm sorry, and I swear I used protection. I don't know how this could've happened."

"It happened because I wasn't there. You needed me that entire tour and I wasn't there. You wanted us to come and I said no.." I sigh, Michael frowns.

"Why are you blaming yourself?" He asked, his hands gripping mine

"Because I don't wanna be pissed at you right now, the way I feel, I wanna lay in your arms and cry about something you did to me!" I exclaim shoving his arms away and letting a tear fall. "How could you do this? And why didn't you tell me?"

"Baby the dangerous tour was a dark period for me, you know that.." Michael sighs

"A child Michael?? A child??" I sigh, wiping my eyes.

"We don't know for sure, we can't just take her word for it.." he says, resting on the bed

"The birth certificate has your signature on it." I explain, pacing the room.

"That's impossible, I never signed anything like that."

"I saw it, that's why I passed out. Michael, how are we gonna do this? If the kid is yours, what are we gonna do?" I whine, outstretching my arms for an answer.

"This is my responsibility Ray... if it is true... this is on me, not you babe."

"We've been married too long. Your problems are my problems. They've been my problems since I've known you." I chuckle sarcastically.

He gives me a long look, contemplating his next sentence. "I love you. I know it's kinda hard to believe but I do."

I scrunch my eyes shut. "It's not hard to believe Michael.. I know you love me." I sigh sitting next to him and leaning my head against his shoulder. My hand massages the bridge of nose slowly, as I grip his hand in mine. "I just wish things were easier. That you aren't the star you are. I love you as a person, not you as a star - and I'm conflicted, I don't know if I can deal with this anymore. What if this baby is yours.. what do we tell our kids? Is she gonna be around? I mean.." I scoff. "She told my sister she'll go to the media."

Michael groans, "let's cross that bridge when we get there.. I need to contact her and we'll see what happens." He stands as I hand him the crumpled paper that my sister handed me. He headed downstairs to his office as if he was on a mission to save his marriage. I simply hoped this child wasn't his because I wasn't sure what to do at this point.