Prologue

Adelaide's Point of View

//
Prologue //

"Calum?" I called, lifting my gaze to meet his chocolate irises in front of me. He was watching me intently with his pouty lips pressed into a thin line, and one of his hands running through his dark tousled hair. "Calum, why is everyone in this town so afraid of you?"

He blinked rapidly to supress the hot tears on the brim of his eyes, threatening to fall. I had never seen him cry before and it would be painful to endure viewing the tears stream over his chiseled cheekbones, leaving a wet stain and bloodshot eyes. I extended my hand out to him, lacing our fingers together to provide some sort of comfort to the distraught boy in front of me.

Calum sighed, shaking his head back and forth. "I just- I can't, I mean I can but I just-"

"It's okay," I mumbled, lifting my free hand to gently touch his face, tilting his chin towards me, forcing us to make eye contact. His tan skin was so smooth in comparison to my calloused palms that were caressing his prominent jawline.

His tongue slowly licked his lips as he let out another deep exhale. "I'm going to tell you soon, okay? I just I don't want to scare you. You're one of the few people who aren't afraid of me and that's why I love you. I don't want you to leave if you find out."

My breathing hitched in my throat. A family over butterflies fluttered through my stomach as he spoke the word love in his velvety voice. "Wait a second, you love me?"

Calum's brown eyes that I adored widened as he registered what had flown out of his mouth. He squished deeper into the plush cushion of the couch in my living room as he chewed on the inside of his mouth. Beads of sweat formed on the top of his forehead which were illuminated as the sun shined in through the sheer curtains of the adjacent window. "Addy, I, I just, well, I guess that-"

"Cal," I said firmly, interrupting his nervous stutter. His cheeks had altered to an array of shades of red due to embarassment, something that was quite unusal since he always seemed so confident. "I love you too."

He smiled widely at me in a stunned manner. "You do?" He clarified.

"Yeah, I do," I assured him. Calum shot me a goofy grin that only added to my happiness.

His hands found their way to the side of my waist, resting against the cotton material of my sundress. His touch was gentle, yet it initiated a set of firey sparks through my body. He leaned in closer to me, so close that I could feel his minty breath, and my lungs were filled with the lovely aroma of his musky cologne.

Although we have kissed many times before, this time we both seemed more hesistant. We were soaking up the feeling of fireworks in our bellies and the adoration in both of our starry eyes. I carefully placed my hands around his neck, tugging him closer so our foreheads were pressed against each other. My heart was pumping faster than ever as I swiftly crashed our lips together.

I could feel him smile against the kiss. If we weren't in the middle of a heated smooch I'm positive Calum would have teased me about being incredibly impatient. But as his tongue slipped inside of my mouth and I melted under the magical spell we were both under, I could care less. All I cared about was how completely safe I felt with his strong arms wrapped around me.

The thought that so many people were terrified of such a loving and kind boy was unfathomable. But I was destined to find out why they were so scared of Calum Hood.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Omg ok so this is the prologue which is why it is so short, but yeah this is just a little teaser. 

I am so so so so excited for this story. I feel like my best works are Calum stories, maybe it's because I'm a Calum girl oops, but I have big plans for this fanfic and I really hope you continue reading it 
If you read The Fake Relationship and are reading this please comment "sugarplum" below so I can see where all my true homies are yo

Thank you so much for reading! It means the world to me! I hope you enjoyed this :) x

Feel free to leave any comments on your thoughts so far! 

Thanks again i love you lots and i really appreciate you reading this ok