Chapter 39 // Calum

Calum's Point of View

// Yesterday //

"So she leaves tomorrow?" Ashton's voice spoke through the speaker on my phone.

"Unfortunately," I replied, feeling my stomach drop at the mere mention of Addy leaving me.

Jesus, I missed her so much. It's been a few days since I've spoken to her and the silence was making my heart crumble into tiny pieces. I know I wanted to have some space to think things over but my mind was made up since the moment I ever laid on eyes on the most beautiful girl in the entire world. She's the one. She was the girl I was meant to spend the rest of my life with. But that didn't mean I was going to.

"So what are you going to do? Just go to the airport kiss her and say goodbye?" Ashton pressed.

I slumped deeper into the sofa, curling my legs up to my chest and wrapping my free arm around them. "Yeah, I mean what else can I do? She has to leave and I can't go with her."

"Wait, so you're telling me you are going to drive to the airport, tell her you still love her and show some terrible PDA and then just let the heartbroken girl get on the plane? You're not even going to pull some Ross and Rachel crap and tell her not to get on it and to stay? You're going to let your girl leave?" Ashton hissed, sounding completely baffled by my plan.

I let out a frustrated sigh. "I have to let her go, Ash. If we're meant to be together then we will somehow get back together."

He groaned deeply from the other end. "No! You need to- ugh, whatever. Fine," Ashton finally gave in, and I could picture my best mate tugging on his hazel colored curls in annoyance. "You're home, right?"

"Where else would I be?" I responded sarcastically, making the two of us lightly share a laugh. I missed laughing with my best friends and I couldn't wait to go up to Sydney and stay with them for an entire week. Addy was supposed to join me up there with them though, so I'm not sure if I will be able to enjoy it as much as I would like to without her presence.

Ashton giggled again, his famous habit that rewarded him his title of being cute. "Okay. I got to go. Love ya, bro."

"Lub choo too," I joked. I didn't want to actually say "I love you" because anytime those three words flickered into my brain for even a milisecond I was reminded of Addy and how her velvety voice would say it to me with such passion and sincerity.

When Ashton ended the call, it made the background on my phone reappear. It was a picture of Ad and I, one of my favorite pictures in the entire universe, and I let my eyes scan over it. I could never change my background, no matter how much it made me miss her, because it filled me with so much happiness. She was mid-laughter with her arm around me, somehow managing to look hot and adorable all at the same time, and her gorgeous brown eyes were closed with those little wrinkles surrounding them that happens when you truly laugh. Seeing her happy just made me feel all fuzzy, and that's what love's all about, right? I was smiling down at her, probably thinking how in the hell was I lucky enough to be able to call this amazing girl my own.

I inhaled deeply, as all of our little memories replayed through my head. I hated when I was left alone because this was all I would do. Think about the two of us. Adelaide had this power of always making me giddy. I used to just shut everyone out after everyhing I went through with Ellie and Eric and going to prison, but she was one of the few people to look beyond my bad reputation and show me that I was a good person who deserved to feel like my head was in the clouds. Ad is the most important person in my life for that sole reason, and she always will be, whether or not we were living next door to each other or if we were living miles away from each other.