Chapter 27 // Perfect

Adelaide's Point of View

"You boys sure know how to throw a party," I mused, wiping the lingering sweat off of my forehead. The liquid was most likely causing my oily skin to illuminate even more. I plopped down on Calum's lap on the couch, and his arms instantly enveloped around me as I leaned against his chest.

My feet were incredibly sore from dancing on their hardwood floors, the floors that were currently covered in empty bottles and plastic cups and various articles of clothing that people were too lazy to pick up. Ashton was going around with a trash bag and attempting to pick them all up, but it was going to take him forever.

"I'm not cleaning that up," I whispered to Calum in my best Muriel from Suite Life of Zach and Cody's impression, but I'm not sure if he even picked up on it.

Luke collapsed onto the sofa next to us, swinging his legs around so they were on top of mine. He let out a deep breath. "I'm glad you two could come. And you showed up unannounced, which you know was just icing on the cake," He said sarcastically.

I wiggled my leg out from underneath Luke's spider like limbs to kick him in the chest. The three of us chuckled loudly, but Ashton was barely paying any attention. He seemed to be much more neat oriented than I had imagined a young adult living on his own to be. "Ad and I are sleeping over, by the way," Calum declared, without even asking.

"No shit," Luke teased, giggling to himself. "Addy is sleeping in my room, right?"

"No she's sleeping in mine!" Ashton protested, throwing the bag of bottles into the recycling bin in the corner.

Calum rolled his eyes with irritation, but I just simply laughed at how they teased him about his jealousy. His grip on me became tighter and he snuggled his head into the corner of my neck. "No, she's mine."

"Why don't you sleep with one of the boys so I can have the bed to myself?" I suggested, making his friends burst into hysterics. I innocently pressed a kiss to his protruding cheekbones. "I'm just kidding."

"Better be," He complained.

The four of us settled into a nonsense conversation about recent events and I loved how easily I was able to chat with them. I only hungout with these boys for a whopping three days, but it felt like I knew them for years. Their relationship with Calum was still the most adorable friendship I had ever witnessed.

Midnight fell upon us much quicker than I had imagined. The glimmer of light peeking through their sheer curtains had completely disappeared. I had subconsciously let out a loud yawn, stretching my arms out wide and feeling the cool breeze from the open window tickle my bare skin.

Ashton was nibbling away on some tortilla chips, dipping them into a bowl of melted cheese. He glanced up at the clock, realizing it was now around three in the morning, and his eyes widened. "Oh wow, I need to go to bed."

"Me too," Calum agreed, gently tapping my back to let me know that I needed to get off of him. I slowly climbed off of his lap, instantly missing the warmth of his body pressed against me.