Chapter 15 // Pier

Adelaide's Point of View

The slamming of the front door erupted throughout the entire first floor. I felt myself sigh out of relief, but the sobs continued to escape my mouth. I couldn't help being so emotional, and it was rather embarassing for my new friends to view me in this state.

Calum's hands had dropped from around my waist as soon as Michael had exited. I wanted him to continue to hold me and soothe me, but even with my back facing Calum, I could tell he was more than pissed.

"Why are you all wet?" Luke asked, his outburst shocking me. His skinny fingers pointed to my see-through shirt, one that I had completely forgotten I was wearing with the mix of events.

"Michael spilled water on me," I explained through sniffles. He nodded awkwardly. I felt terrible for interrupting their party. I was the cause of so much drama.

Calum scoffed loudly. "Why were you even with Michael in the first place? We literally just had this discussion today about how much we all hated him, and you just had to parade into my house with him two hours after you were supposed to be home? Why would you do that, Ad?"

His shriek was unbearable. I hated getting lectured and yelled at, ever since I was a child. I either had broke down crying or I would get equally as irritated. "It wasn't on purpose, Cal! We had more work than expected and stayed late to finish it and then it was dark out and Michael offered to drive me home."

He shook his head at me, looking at me as if having the audacity to accept a ride was a crime. "Why would you get in a car with him? Do you see all the crap he's feeding you? Why would you do that? Why didn't you just walk home and come over here like you were supposed to!"

"I wasn't going to walk past the Tavern at ten o'clock on Saturday where the place is filled with drunks! I didn't feel safe, okay? So I let him drive me. You should be happy that I got home safely!" I screamed right back at him, suddenly becoming infuriated.

He rolled his chocolate brown eyes. His condescending attitude was driving me insane. "Well then you just had to have him drop you off at my house, right? You had to have an argument on my front porch, right? You had to let one of the people I hate most have access to my house, right? Do you like seeing me get punched, Ad? Do you?"

"Are you kidding me?" I screeched, clenching my fists together with anger. I rarely used the f-bomb, but this time it was almost completely nessecary. "Do you really think if I enjoyed seeing you get punched that I would have jumped in front of you, risking myself? Do you really think that I would slap Michael if I liked seeing you hurt? God, you're such an idiot! First of all, I had Michael drop me off at my house, but then he tried to kiss me and I yelled at him and told him I couldn't because I didn't feel that way about him, because of you. He was the one who bolted over here and I did everything I possibly could to stop him, I did, and I'm really sorry that I couldn't. But don't you dare try to say to me that this is my fault."

"If you never got a job at that stupid florist in the first place this wouldn't have happened," Calum muttered, his body tensing up as his jaw tightened. He reached for his jacket and headed towards the back door. "If we never started dating this wouldn't have happened."