Chapter 26 // Sydney

Adelaide's Point of View

My frustration with Calum continued to grow with each second. After I had made sure that Michael was okay I ran towards his house but it was too late. He had already thrown a duffel bag into his car and sped off into the distance, without even listening to a word I had to say. I know from his perspective it did look like I was eager to date Mikey, but the accusation that I would ever cheat on him, especially after the recent events, stung like a bumble bee.

I knocked on the front door, my knuckles pressing against it with force. Mali opened it up within seconds and she had a cheery smile on her face, her happiness practically radiating off of her body like sunshine. "Hey, Addy!"

"Hi Mali. Do you have any idea as to where Calum just went? I really need to talk to him," I begged, hoping that she would have some kind of information on her brother's whereabouts.

She nodded her head. "Yeah, he went to Luke and Ashton's for the weekend. They visit each other all the time since they are like super close and best friends."

I sighed. "He's not supposed to be going there until next weekend!" I complained, running a hand through my hair. "I swear to God, he is purposely driving me insane. Okay, well do you happen to have their address?"

Mali-koa scrunched her lips up. She stared at me blankly for a few moments, her brown eyes seeming glassy and dazed. "I know exactly where it is. And I can drive you up there in like an hour if you'd like? I was planning on going to Sydney anyways to go shopping with my friends, but I can pull some strings and we can leave earlier for you."

My arms threw themselves around her, pulling my boyfriend's sister in for a bear hug. She chuckled loudly as Mali gave in to the embrace and snuggled her head against my shoulder, just like how her brother does. "Thank you so much! You are an absolute life-saver and a sweetheart. I can't thank you enough!"

Mali giggled again, rolling her eyes at me. "It's no problem, Addy. Go get ready. I'll come over in an hour or so, okay?"

--

The drive to Sydney was much shorter than I imagined it to be. Granted, I was completely unaware of Australia's geography, but I didn't expect to be only a forty-five minute drive up to the beautiful city. It truly was gorgeous and I was jealous of Ashton and Luke for being able to live here. I asked Mali if there actually was a dentist office on 42 Wallaby Way, but she just laughed at me. I had informed her on what had happened that made it so vital that I see Calum, and she completely agreed with me, which was reassuring in itself.

"Thank you so much," I repeatedly told her again as we pulled into their driveway. Their small home was flooded with cars which I found odd, and sure enough Calum's was parked in the midst of them. "Cal will probably be able to drive me home, but if not, I'll call you. Thanks again, Mali."

She just nodded, waving away my gratitude as if giving me a ride up here was no big deal. I sauntered up the driveway, inhaling and exhaling in slow breaths to prepare myself. I gripped tightly onto my tote bag that had necessities in case I needed to sleep over.