Chapter 43 // Real Estate

Adelaide's Point of View

"I love this one," I gushed, spinning around to get another view of the entire area. 

"Me too," Calum agreed, swinging his arm around my shoulder and pressing a kiss onto the side of my head. "How soon do you think we can move in?" 

We have been with our realtor for the whole day, attempting to discover the perfect residency for us. Nothing has caught our attention except for this little townhouse that was in a nice neighborhood that was up for rent, and also came fully furnished. It was within our budget and it had three bedrooms- one downstairs and two upstairs- which would be the perfect set-up when the boys got here.

Our real estate agent was on the phone, desperately trying to get in contact with the seller so we could discuss moving in. I adored every aspect of this home and I couldn't picture myself living anywhere else. 

"Good news," Mr. Jamison declared as he ended the call. "You two just got yourself a new place to live!"

I cheered loudly, wrapping my arms around Calum's neck in an excited embrace. Mr. Jamison continued to discuss all of the legal and financial stuff that I unfortunately tuned out. All that I paid attention to was the fact that we would miraculously be able to move in tomorrow.

Calum thanked our realtor again before we both left our new home and slid inside of my car. I had gotten better at driving in the past week of being home, but he was still a little uneasy with having me not on the passenger side where I belong.

"We're going to be officially living together, baby," Cal exclaimed, his cheeks lifting up into a large smile at merely the mention of it. "Like I know we basically were living together because of all our sleepovers and now staying at your parents house but like this is the real deal. This is our house."

"Technically its the landlord's," I sneered, making him roll his eyes at my snide comment. "It's still exciting, though. I hope the guys love it as much as we do."

"Of course they'll love it! It has a freakin' hot tub in the backyard. What more could they want?" 

I smiled as I turned the final corner onto the street I grew up on. "I hope they don't get weirded out with me living there though. Like what if they bring a girl home to hook-up with and I'm chilling on the couch in my pajamas, stuffing my face with chips, and it just ruins the whole mood and they lose out on their chance of getting a girlfriend that they might fall in love with because they-"

"Ad," Calum groaned, interrupting my rambling with a hint of annoyance laced in his tone. "Please shut up. You're over-thinking this. It's going to be fun. They're my best friends and they love you. It'll be like a giant party all the time."

"We should keep track of how many times Luke walks in on us," I suggested, laughing slightly at the memory of last time when we were in Sydney.

"Well, we've got one so far," Calum pointed out, joining me in the chuckles as I finally parked in the driveway and twisted the keys out of the ignition. "Wait, don't get out." 

I furred my eyebrows together in confusion, but I obliged, simply unbuckling my seat-belt and staying in the car. Cal got out of the vehicle and tried to skim his butt across the front of it to slide to the other side like in those action movies, but instead he collapsed onto the ground due to his lack of coordination. I instantly burst out laughing as he scrambled to his feet, dusting off the dirt from the pavement and opened up the door for me.