Chapter 47 // Going Out

Adelaide's Point of View

As Luke began to explain to Ashton, with lots of profanity, about what had happened throughout the course of last night and this morning, I drifted off towards the bedroom to check on Calum.

The door creaked loudly as I slowly pushed it open, revealing an emotionless Calum laying on his back, studying every detail of the ceiling that was above his head. His brown eyes didn't even flicker over in my direction as I crawled along the hills of sheets that smothered our mattress. I sat cross-legged next to him, running my fingers through his black hair and rubbing his head slightly, hoping to remove some of his stress.

"Baby," I whined, folding my lips over into a pout, which finally made him make eye contact with me and make my heart pound against my chest like it always did. "What can I do to help you?"

"Make Luke stop being a dick so I don't have to be mad at him," Calum complained, circling his fingers around my hand that was filing through his hair and tugging on it so I would collapse onto his body. He held me close to him, and I could feel the heat begin to radiate. "What did he say when you talked to him?"

Calum's palms were rubbing my back in a circular motion as I rested my head on his chest like I always did when we were cuddled up into a ball like this. "He feels really bad. He kept apologizing to me and he told me that he doesn't have any feelings for me he was just sad that he hasn't found a love like ours yet. I think Luke is just an emotional drunk, Cal. But he definitely regrets it."

His pouty lips that were still incredibly chapped left a chaste kiss on the top of my head. "Well we are the best couple ever."

"We are," I agreed, giggling to myself. I rolled over and sat on his stomach, my legs on either side of him, so I could have a clear view of his face. "I want to do something for you today, Cal. You deserve some stress relief."

His eyes widened, a mixture of surprise and lust swirling in his irises as his mouth parted open. "Wow, a blowjob before noon? You really are the best girlfriend, Ad."

I laughed loudly, smacking him gently on his arm. "No! Oh my God, you have such a dirty mind. I meant like I want to take you out on a date. Just the two of us, to show you much I love you."

"You can show me how much you love me either way," Calum teased, raising his hopeful eyebrows at me. He chuckled immediately after he said that, the little crinkles forming underneath his eyes which made me happy because he was so happy. "But okay, a date. Where would you like to go?"

"Do you want to go out to lunch? Wait, no, brunch? I think you need to get out of the house for awhile to clear your head," I suggested, leaning down to press my lips against his.

"Stop talking about head," Calum joked, making me burst into hysterics again as I climbed off his body and proceeded in getting dressed for going out. He snaked his arms around my waist as he stood behind me, scanning his closet to find something to wear.

When I found my outfit of choice, one that was consisting of a lightweight sweater, that tickled the skin on my forearms, and a pair of denim shorts that revealed my legs that were losing their sun-kissed effect, since I was no longer soaking up the sun's rays on beaches, I disappeared into the kitchen. Ashton and Luke were both still sitting at the table, slurping their cereal for breakfast.