Chapter 44 // Ours

Adelaide's Point of View

"Yeah, we just moved in a few hours ago. I wish you guys could see it," I explained to Lucy who I was currently babbling on the phone to.

My phone was pressed against my ear as I was sitting cross-legged on the couch in our new living room. I could faintly hear Michael in the background going on about something and I knew that I was holding the two of them up from something, but I just couldn't stop my rambling. I missed that couple.

Calum plopped down on the seat next to me. He picked up my legs and draped them across his lap, sending me a small smile as his fingers traced over my sun kissed skin on my legs.

"Well we'll see it someday. Mikey and I will have to make a trip over there at some point because I miss you loads. We have a lot of bouquets to finish right now, but I'll call you soon, okay? Bye, Addy," Lucy spoke into the receiver before swiftly ending our call, barely even giving me a chance to mutter a goodbye.

The other two boys entered the room, dressed in board shorts with the absence of their shirts, revealing their shirtless bodies to me. Luke proceeded in taking a seat on my lap, making me groan due to his weight, and Ashton sat down on the opposite chair.

"We're going to go test out that hot tub in the backyard, do you two want to join us?" Ashton asked, his eyes glimmering with hope.

I glimpsed over at Calum who had recently let my legs flop down to the ground. He had been hanging out with the boys the entire time we have been here, and I ducked out of their conversation after several minutes of listening to them go on about some inside joke. Cal had this lazy look on his face, with his eyebrows raised slightly, that conveyed the message that he wanted us to be alone.

"Um, I'm actually a bit tired. I need to lay down for a little but then I'll come outside, alright?"

Luke leaned back even further so my face was squished against his back. I wrapped my arms around his bare stomach, hugging Blondie from behind as he complained. "You're so lame, Addy. It's not like you need any beauty sleep. Just come in the hot tub."

"I have to take a shower but then I'll join you guys," Calum interrupted, standing onto his feet.

"A shower before you get in the jacuzzi?" Ashton questioned, his eyebrows furring together in confusion.

Calum simply shrugged. "I smell terrible. I will probably stink up the whole yard if I go outside now."

His best friends nodded, letting out a sheepish laugh before heading towards the sliding glass door that lead to our backyard. I sauntered into the bedroom on the first floor, the one that Calum and I had claimed since it was secluded from the others, and Calum was following behind me. There was a bathroom connected to the room, but if I was reading his body language correctly I think he just wanted some alone time.

"What's up?" I asked him out of curiosity, shutting the door behind me before flopping down onto the mattress and soaking up our new surroundings.

Calum joined me, snaking his arm around my waist and pulling me close to his body. "Nothing is up, I just wanted to spend some time with you in our bedroom. That's so nice to say, you know? Like this room is ours. I love it."

Our room was nice, with its beige colored walls and soft bed, but the best part about it was that it was ours. I reached up and caressed his cheek, grinning up at my beautiful boyfriend with admiration. "I'm excited to spend every day with you. You're my favorite person, Cal."