Chapter 45 // Drunk

Adelaide's Point of View

My muscles relaxed underneath the constant bubbling of the water being spewed out from the jets. I leaned my head backwards so my neck was pressed against the plastic rim of the hot tub. I let my eyes close for a few moments as I appreciated the heat that was now surrounding me.

"This is probably the best part of the house," Ashton mused, lifting a glass bottle of beer up to his lips and gulping it down.

"You guys should have been enjoying the hot tub then instead of creeping on Cal and I," I sneered, rolling my eyes in annoyance since I was still bitter about their actions.

"Maybe you two should have actually taken a shower or taken a nap like you planned on doing instead of lying," Luke shot right back, taking a swig of his own can of beer, and raising his eyebrows at me.

I reached out and took the can from the shirtless blonde sitting next to me, sipping the alcohol without even asking him first. The taste burned the back of my throat since I haven't had any in a long time now, but I figured it was a well-deserved celebration as a new home renter. I could feel Calum's uneasy gaze on me which made me hand the can that Ashton had purchased right back over to its owner.

Ashton chuckled. "Luke, you're just mad that you're not the one making Addy moan like that."

I instantly splashed water up at his face after that comment left his mouth. The eldest boy was still giggling as per usual, and Luke was grinning at me with a mischievous look in his blue irises. His hand found it's way to my bare leg underneath the jacuzzi water and he trailed his palms up my thighs. "I bet I could though, baby," Luke stated, biting his lip ring and shooting a wink in my direction.

Calum instinctively wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap before I even had a chance to react to his best friend's suggestive behavior. "That's enough, Hemmings," Calum barked.

Luke just smiled innocently, letting out a nervous chuckle as he finished off his beer and cracked open another one. "I'm just playing, Cal."

"I know, but still." Calum huffed, hugging me closer to him. I could faintly feel the outlines of his abs through my back as he snuggled his head into the crook of my neck.

"I love you," I whispered to him, just to reassure him that Blondie's jokes had no effect on our relationship. I rotated my head to the side, kissing his cheek.

"Okay, lovebirds, can you stop being cute?" Ashton groaned, turning the dial on the side of the hot tub so that more of the jets would be turned on. A roar of water echoed throughout our new backyard.

The three boys slipped into another nonsense conversation like they alwaya did, this time discussing who would be killed first in a horror movie. I shifted my body so I could curl up into Calum's side, feeling the heat radiate from his body. He wasn't as quiet as he was earlier, and the awkwardness from Luke's flirtatious behavior had diminished.

After about fifteen minutes of soaking in the jacuzzi and laughing along with the guys, I finally climbed out of the hot tub and swaddled my body in a towel to absorb the excess water. A gust of the late evening wind made me shiver as I was brought back to normal temperature. "Can we have a bonfire? It's cold tonight," I suggested, figuring that spending our night cuddled up around a fire would be perfect.

"That's a great idea," Calum agreed, placing his hands on the edge of the hot tub and leaping over it so his feet were now on the small little patio area. His board shorts were clinging onto his body, making the outline of his toned thighs clearly visible. He snatched a towel as the others followed him out of the jacuzzi and wiped off his shirtless body. "I'll go set up the fire pit."