Chapter 30 // Phone Calls

Adelaide's Point of View

The smile stretched across his face was so wide that it could reach for miles. Calum was unbelievably joyful and he had every reason to be. He was finally proven innocent after three years. His life had partaken in a complete 360 and his happiness was radiating off his toned body.

The boys had ditched their jackets, leaving them in only dress shirts and ties where the itty bitty sweat stains under their armpits were almost visible. We slid into a booth at a restaurant adjacent to the court house since Ashton insisted that we went out to eat to celebrate the tremendous victory.

It was the first time Calum and I would be on an actual date like a normal, young-adult couple. We might have his two best friends sitting across from us, gawking at the way my boyfriend's arm was wrapped around our shoulder, but I loved having the opportunity to be seen in public with him without having to worry about his emotions. He was clearly happy.

My butt squished against the deep red colored cushion as I scooched closer towards Calum's body. Luke's eyes were scanning over the entire place, a sense of nostalgia seeming to sweep over him. "We used to come here like every Friday night," He stated, smiling to himself.

"Those were the days, man," Ashton agreed, his large hands grasping the laminated menus placed on the wooden table in front of us. "Calum I think you'll have to get a cheeseburger again just for old time's sake."

A bubble of laughter escaped his mouth. "No way! I cant even look at a cheeseburger after what happened with Anna. I will never get that cheeseburger puke image out of my brain. It was literally explosive!"

The three boys each burst into hysterics and I bit my tongue to suppress the giggles. I wasn't there and I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about, but their laughter was so contagious I couldn't help myself. "Should I not get a cheeseburger then? I was kind of craving one," I admitted shyly.

"Why don't you get the mozzarella sticks instead? We can split them," Luke suggested, reaching his finger across the table to point to a glossy picture of a large basket of them.

"Split them?" I scoffed, arching my eyebrows up in confusion. "Lucas, you're insane if you don't think I can eat all of that by myself and have room for dessert."

Calum chuckled, his hand that was around my shoulder rubbed back and forth in a lovey-dovey motion. I was still sporting my formal dress and I was eager to take it off and change into a pair of leggings and one of Calum's baggy sweatshirts. I placed my hand down on Calum's thigh and cheekily slid it up his leg, which only resulted in him slapping it away from his crotch immediately. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at his lack of self-control.

"Don't tease me," He whispered into my ear, and although the chills from our proximity were running down my spine, I did my best to keep a straight face so Ashton and Luke would fall for my facade.

"Im getting a cheese pizza," Ashton decided, flipping the menu closed and folding his hands together on top of it. His protruding jaw was jutted out as his eyes searched our faces to find out if anyone else was as ready as he was. "And Addy you better have enough room for dessert because I'm ordering a giant cake to congratulate our buddy here on his victory in court today."