Where to Stay....

I'm standing, shivering, on the corner of my street, as I see a familiar Audi pull up.

"Thank goodness," I sigh as the car stops right in front of me.

A tall man gets out of the car. "Here, Alex, let me take that."

Tuukka comes over and takes my suitcase from me, ignoring my protests, and puts it in his trunk. "Climb in."

I slide into the passenger seat of the Audi and Tuukka climbs in a moment after.

"So what happened exactly?" He asks as he pulls away from the curb. I turn away from him and look out the window, taking a deep breath.

"So, after last night when you dropped me off at my house, Kate and Amy weren't up so I just took a shower and went to bed. Then this morning, when I was planning on telling them what happened, I was woken up to Amy screaming at me. She found my phone, and you had texted me, so she freaked out. Kate and Amy sided against me, we fought, I packed, and then left."

Tuukka looks stricken. "I'm sorry, I don't want to come between you and your best friends!" He apologizes.

"No, it wasn't you. I haven't been close to them for a while now, and when they got cut from Sochi I was going to leave them," I sigh.

"Wait, they're getting cut from Sochi?"

"Yeah. They're good, but they're not Olympic material. Stone told me. I'm going to Sochi, just not them. And they won't have to play anymore, but I will and the schedule is going to be a lot more rigorous, so I was going to have to leave them anyway."

"Oh. That's... Interesting. But I'm glad it worked out."

I give him a small smile. "Yeah. Where are we going?" I ask him, looking out the window at Boston passing by.

Tuukka grins at me. "Well, I have practice. The rest of the girls are going to be there; you can talk to them."

"The girls?" I ask, confused.

"The girlfriends and wives," he explains.

"Oh. Cool!"

"I hoped you'd like it," he confesses with a shy smile.

Around 5 minutes later, we pull up to the Garden.

"Should I leave my stuff in the car?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'll bring you wherever you want to go."

I pull myself out of the car, feeling a gust of Boston winter air hit me. I zip up my jacket and follow Tuukka into the Garden.

"Hey Tuuks!" Guys call to Tuukka as we walk.

"Ah, is this your girlfriend?" Someone asks Tuukka. It's a guy about in between the height of me and Tuukka, but he looks really young.

"No Torey, Alex is just a friend."

Tuukka frowns at Torey, who winks at me. "Well, have fun on your friendship," he laughs, walking away.

"Hey, Torey, is your wife here?" Tuukka calls after him.

"Mel? Yeah, she's floating around somewhere."

"Good, you'll be able to meet at least one of the girls," Tuukka tells me. I smile.

"Ah, Tuuks!"

A Canadian accent greets my ears, one that sounds familiar. I turn and see two guys standing to my left.

"Brad!" I exclaim, stopping.

"Hello Alex," Brad grins.

"You two know each other?" The other guy asks in a Canadian accent.