Happy Birthday To Me (part 1)

-One Week Later-

"Tuukka!" I exclaim as he picks me up and throws me on his couch. 

"What?" He asks innocently. 

I whack his arm, hard. "That was just for throwing me on the couch, not even to mention that you bought me the house and didn't tell me!"

Earlier this morning, Tuukka told me that Torey and Mel had demanded that I come over, but that I couldn't see when I got into the neighborhood. I reluctantly agreed, thinking it was maybe a surprise party for my birthday, which is today. Instead, I had gotten out of the car and Tuukka had guided me into the little house Mel and I had picked out a little over a week before. Torey and Mel were there, and then the rest of the roster showed up, so now I can officially say I know the Bruins. It was pretty amazing, and I got some great housewarming gifts, including promises of a new couch, master bedroom set, kitchen, guest bedroom set, and other house supplies from the Erikssons, Patrice and Stephanie, Dougie, Iggy, and Soupy respectively. Marshy also promised me an outdoor rink as long as everyone could skate on it, and I agreed. Tuukka had bought me the house, on prompting from Mel and Torey; both of whom promised me interior design things. 

"Well, it would have ruined the surprise, don'tcha think?" Tuukka says with a smile. I stick my tongue out at him. 

"And then you came to Blades practice and cheered for me when my name was announced on the Olympic roster," I remind him. 

"Yes, yes I did. Your face went beet red," Tuukka laughs, and I smack his arm again. 

"When it's your birthday, I'm gonna get you a really good present and then embarrass you in the presentation," I threaten him, poking him in his chest. 

"You go right ahead. If you know when my birthday is," Tuukka chuckles. 

"I can find out very easily," I tell him sweetly, and pull out my phone. Tuukka's brows crease in confusion, so I dictate what I'm doing to him. 

"Let's see... Bruins app... Players... Tuukka Rask..." 

Tuukka's eyes go wide and he half tackles me to get the phone away from me. I end up pinned beneath him as he tries to grab my phone out of my locked fingers. He ends up prying it out of my iron grip and throwing it on the other end of the couch. 

"Now you can't tell," Tuukka laughs, taunting me as he continues to press me into the couch. 

"Not so fast. You're forgetting you're my favorite player. I know almost everything about you, Tuukka Mikael Rask," I grin evilly as Tuukka's eyes widen. 

"Tuukka Mikael Rask: born on March 10, 1987 in Savonlinna, Finland. Drafted by the Toronto Maple Leafs in 2005. Height: 6'2". Shall I continue?" I ask him sweetly. 

"No tell me more about my life," Tuukka says sarcastically. 

"Okay! You-" I begin to say but Tuukka cuts me off. 

"I was kidding! But you don't know everything about me," he says, his face close to mine. 

"Tuukka," I breathe, and our faces slowly get closer together. We're about to kiss when the door bangs open and someone barges in, causing Tuukka and I to jerk back. 

"Hey Tuuks, what's up?" A Canadian accent greets us. 

Tuukka sighs. "Hello Brad. Make yourself at home, why don't you?" 

"Oh, am I interrupting? Sorry. I'm not even here," he says, sitting down on the ottoman right across from the couch, and looking at us expectantly. 

"May I help you?" I ask him, pushing a slightly shocked Tuukka off of me. 

"Just wanted to tell you that the rink guys will be at your house next week. Later lovebirds," he snickers as he leaves. 

"Well he has bad timing," I decide. 

"He's just Brad," Tuukka sighs.

~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey my readers! Thanks for 800+ reads!
So this is part one of two parts, and part two will be up within a week.
Feel free to comment or inbox, whichever you like!
Bleed black and gold my goalies,

Kat