Practice and After

I fiddle with my one of my new Alex and Ani bracelets Tuukka got me from the Bruins fan cave in the Garden as I watch practice in the Loge section. I have a bag at my feet with a sweatshirt, new t shirts, a lanyard for my keys, a teddy bear for my kitchen, posters and flags to decorate my house, and a picture of the team signed by everyone. Today I'm the only one of the girls here, so I feel kind of lonely as I sit above everyone else on the ice. I take my phone out of my sweatshirt pocket and check the time. 11:15. The guys get off at 11:30, so it'll be around 12 when Tuukka comes back upstairs. He and I are going to finish anything else in my house today, so I'm dragging him right home. I groan as I realize I have 45 minutes left here, and lean back in the chair, spinning it around.

<Tuukka's POV>

"Hey, man," Brad greets me as I walk into the locker room after practice. 

"Hey," I respond quickly, taking off my helmet, glove, blocker, jersey, and chest protector. 

"Where ya going, Rask? Hot date?" Soupy grins at me from across the room. 

"Alex and I are going to finish setting up her house." I frown as I begin to unbuckle the straps on my goalie pads.  

I finish getting undressed without another word from anyone else, and I bolt upstairs to find Alex. I'm running along the halls to the seats I saw her in when I run into someone, knocking them down and almost tripping over them. 

"I'm so sorry, I should've been looking where I was going," I say quickly, looking around for Alex. 

"It's fine," the person mumbles, standing up but rubbing their left wrist. 

"Have you seen a girl in her twenties around here?" I ask, trying to move so I can find Alex. 

"Um, I think she went back that way," the person points, and I turn to take off when they burst out laughing. I look at the person, surprised, only to see that it's Alex. 

"You are so sneaky, you know that, right?" I ask her, enveloping her in a hug. 

"You're so single-minded, you know that, right?" She mimics me from my chest. 

"Hey, at least I was looking for you," I retort in defense. 

I let go of her, and she pushes my chest with her right hand, bracelets jingling, and picks up her bags with her left but then winces a little and frowns. 

"Are you okay?" I ask immediately. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. My wrist is just sore," she frowns. 

"Are you sure you're okay? We're right near MGH," I press. 

"I am fine, Tuukka. Don't worry. As long as I don't fall on it again or drop a couch on it, I'll be fine," she rolls her eyes at me as she finishes. 

"Pardon me for being concerned." 

I roll my eyes back at her, but I kiss her head, and she smiles.

We get back to Alex's house, make lunch, and then start the final decoration and moving. 

"Painting goes over there," Alex points to a wall in the guest bedroom and I put an anchor in the wall and hang the painting. 

"How's it look?" I ask her, stepping back. 

"It looks good. Want to hang this in my room?" 

She hands me the signed and framed picture of our team. I take it from her, but I notice her left wrist is wrapped in an Ace bandage. I raise an eyebrow at her, and she rolls her eyes.