Season's End

*Back in Boston, the beginning of June*

<Alex's POV>

I run down to the locker room after the game, the Bruins just having just swept the Red Wings out of the way to make a run for the Cup two years in a row.

"Alex, where are you going?" Callie calls to me as I run past her.

"Public," I shout back to her.

I throw open the locker room doors, glad to see almost no media around Tuukka. I race over to him, and throw my arms around him.

"Hey, Alex," he says, shocked.

"Hi," I smile, pulling back, resting my hands on his chest.

"Going with the plan?" He whispers to me.

"Yep," I whisper back before leaning up on my tiptoes and kissing him. Tuukka kisses me back, and I hear the media turn to us. We break apart, and people swarm us.

"Tuukka! Tuukka!" People shout.

"Is this your girlfriend?"

I slide my fingers between Tuukka's and look up at him.

"This is my beautiful girlfriend, Alexandria Leighton."

"The silver medalist American goalie?"

"The same," I affirm.

"How long have you two been together?" A reporter shouts.

"Six months yesterday," Tuukka smiles.

"Now we're public," I whisper to him with a smile.

"And I wouldn't have it any other way." Tuukka smiles and kisses my nose.

*Three weeks later*

Callie, Mel, and I jump together and scream as the buzzer goes off at game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals, with the Bruins just having won a nail-biting game against the St. Louis Blues to win the Cup.

"WE WON THE CUP!" I scream.

"VICTORY TOUR!" Mel shouts back, her blue eyes glowing.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" Callie screams, and we all hug each other for a minute while the rest of the Garden screams their approval.

"They're not gonna be back until late," I realize as we sit down in the lush box seats.

"No," Mel sighs.

"I really hope Dougie comes back fairly early; we need to talk wedding plans," Callie sighs, rubbing her temples.

"Have fun with that," I say grimly, rubbing her shoulder with my hand.

"I bet you and Tuukka will be in that boat soon enough," Mel smirks. I make a choking noise and double over, coughing.

"I don't think he's proposing anytime soon," I say dubiously.

"I think he is. But that's just me," Callie smiles, putting her hands up in surrender.

"I'll be right back, I'm just gonna go use the bathroom," Mel says, slipping away.

"She's gone to the bathroom a lot; have you noticed?" I ask Callie.

She lets out a small laugh. "I was about to say the same thing! Yes, I have noticed. Think she's hiding something from us?"

"Definitely. We'll interrogate her when she comes back," I say with a wink. Callie winks back, and we look out at the Garden as we wait for Mel to come back. She slides back into her seat a few minutes later, and Callie looks at me expectantly.

"Mel, are you okay? You've gone to the bathroom a lot tonight," I remark.

"Yeah, well, I've had a lot of water." Mel shrugs evasively.

"But not anything else. Usually you have a little beer or something similar when you come." I lift an eyebrow at her.

"I'm allowed to do different things, ok? Jeez!"

"You're hiding something," I accuse her.

"What? I'm not hiding anything.." Mel tries to laugh it off, but she seems nervous.

"Mel, tell us," I beg.

"I don't want to," she hedges.

"Melanie, tell us!" Callie begs too.

"Fine! But only because I know you two won't stop hounding me," Mel sighs.

"Just lean in close."

Callie and I lean in close to Mel and she whispers, "I'm- I'm pregnant."

"MEL!" I shout, hugging her.

"Keep it down, the world doesn't need to know," she frowns.

"Mel, that's awesome!" Callie compliments her.

"Torey and I decided we wanted a family. We figured this would be a good time for us, and so- yeah. Shhh, they're bringing the Cup out!" Mel sits forward on her seat as the silver Grail is brought out into the light.

"So pretty," I whisper as Z picks up the Cup.

-

Callie, Mel, and I stayed for the team lifting the Cup, took pictures of our guys holding the Cup, and then left. Callie decided to stay at my place since Dougie and Tuukka texted us and told us they wouldn't be back until late.

Be safe, and have fun!! You deserve it!! I responded.

Of course. See you later, T

"Stanley Cup champions- again!" Callie says, shaking her head.

"I can't believe it either," I say, running my finger along the edge of my cup with celebratory champagne in it.

"Well, I'd like to go to bed at a decent hour. Night, Callie." I stand up and put my cup in the sink.

"Night, Alex."

*************

Author's Note

Hey my readers! Thank you all soooo much for 11k reads!

So the next chapter will be the last one :(

But I am definitely writing a sequel! More information on that in the next chapter!

Bleed black and gold my goalies,

Kat