Tuukka's House

"Alex. Alex. Alex..." 

Someone is gently shaking me to try and get me up. I groan and roll over before a coughing fit takes over and I'm forced to sit up. 

"You're awake," Tuukka smiles at me. 

"I wish I wasn't. I feel like someone is inflating a balloon in my head," I tell him, flopping back on the pillows. 

"No, it's not fun. I made you some lunch, though." 

I sit up again to see Tuukka holding a tray out to me. 

"Thanks," I say, taking the tray from him. There's soup, crackers, water, medicine, and an orange. 

"Thank you so much, Tuukka." 

I quickly eat lunch, and then decide to get out of bed. 

"You sure that's a good idea?" Tuukka asks me as I toss the covers back. 

"I'll feel better if I actually do something," I tell him before standing up. The room sways for a moment, but I stand firm. 

"Now, out. I'm going to change," I order him. 

Tuukka smiles, and takes the tray with him as he leaves. I close the door behind him, and get changed into yoga pants, a loose t shirt, and an oversized sweatshirt. I brush my hair out and put it in a messy bun, too tired to do anything else. I cross to the door and open it, heading toward the living room. 

"Ah, you're back." Tuukka smiles at me from his couch. 

"Are any good games on?" I ask, padding over to him and sitting down next to him, dragging a blanket with me. 

"Uh, the Kings versus San Jose," he offers, but I shake my head. 

"Calgary versus Ottowa?" 

"Nah." 

"Vancouver versus Chicago?" 

"NO," I say vehemently. 

"Why not?" Tuukka grins. 

"I hate Vancouver, and the Blackhawks took the Cup from you guys," I frown. 

"Hey, they outplayed us," Tuukka says, and I roll my eyes. 

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Ooh, but Patrick Kane..." I trail off and smile a little. 

"Don't tell me you have a crush on Kaner?" Tuukka asks in a teasing tone. 

"Whaaaat? Pshhhh no. Not at all," I defend myself. 

"Someone likes Kaner!" Tuukka leans toward me, poking me in my ribs as he says that in a singsong voice. 

"Tuukka!" I protest. 

"I don't like him," I say, my tone bordering on a whine, lightly hitting Tuukka. 

"You basically just admitted it!" Tuukka retorts. 

"As I recall, I said I didn't. Saying his name with a small smile doesn't mean I like him," I snap. "Maybe you're just jealous." 

I have no idea where that came from, but I roll with it. Tuukka freezes for a moment. 

"I'm not jealous," he says stiffly before clearing his throat. 

"I'm not jealous." He repeats what he said before, trying to sound calm. 

"Yes, you are," I say with a grin.

"No, I'm not."

"Yeah, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"Yes!"

"I am not jealous of Patrick Kane!" Tuukka says in an outraged tone.

"Tuukka." I say that, and he deflates. 

"Fine," he sighs. 

"I am jealous. He beat us at home, and it only took him 6 games. And his team did better than ours last season," Tuukka says bitterly. 

"So the Blackhawks/Canucks game is out?" I say with a small smile. 

Tuukka grins at me. "Well, there's the Red Wings against the Pens, or Behind the B. Your call." "Hmmm. On one hand, I'd love to see Crosby get Kronwalled. On the other, I'd really like to watch you guys. In order to keep me calmer, I'll say Behind the B," I decide. 

"You know, Crosby isn't that bad," Tuukka tries to tell me. 

I burst out laughing. "That's like trying to get a sinner to go to church. The day pigs can fly will be the day I like Crosby," I chuckle. 

"He's a good player," Tuukka reminds me. 

"Whoop dee do. He's one out of hundreds. I really don't care for him. End of discussion." 

Tuukka smiles, and puts his arm over my shoulders, pulling me toward him and then arranging the blanket so it covers me entirely. 

"Thanks," I smile at him as the intro starts. 

"Anytime. And what are you doing?" I'm assuming he is referring to my jamming out. 

"I really like the intro. Got a problem with that?" I shrug. 

"Nope. No problem." 

We stay like that for a while, and I have to admit, it feels strangely good.

~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Hey my readers! Thanks for 700+ reads!

Sorry for the filler chapter, I've been busy lately.

Also, sorry if you like Crosby, I don't particulary, but that's me and I don't mind if you do! :)

Don't forget to comment or inbox me if you want!

Bleed black and gold my goalies,

Kat