Shockwaves

"Good morning sports fans! It's a beautiful day today, and the top stories are-" I cut the radio alarm off with a groan and slap the snooze button. 

"Did you just cut Jack Edwards off?" Tuukka calls from the kitchen in mock horror. 

"Yes," I mutter, shuffling out into the kitchen. 

"Well, I made you breakfast, but if you're going to be like that, then maybe you won't get some." 

"I can make my own breakfast," I tell him, irritated. 

"Someone's cranky this morning," Tuukka smiles. 

"Give me breakfast, half an hour, maybe a cup of coffee, and then I'll be good." 

"In that case, here's breakfast." Tuukka slides a plate of bacon, eggs, and toast across the counter to me. 

"Fork me." I hold my hand out, and Tuukka smiles as he opens the silverware drawer and hands me a fork. 

"Magic word?" He asks. 

"Please?" 

"All right." 

"Thank you!" I take the fork and dig in.

"I'm gonna get dressed now," I tell Tuukka, pushing my empty plate across the counter. 

"Be back out here in less than half an hour. I'm taking you into Boston with the guys to pick out furniture," Tuukka calls after me. I close the door behind me before peeling my clothes off and getting in the shower.

When I get out, I pull on leggings, a gray sweater Mel insisted that I buy, a warm yet stylish coat we agreed on, boots, put my hair into a half-up half-down style, and grab my phone before leaving the room. 

"I'm ready!" I call into the apartment. Tuukka isn't there. 

"Tuukka?" I call out, looking around. Suddenly, a pair of hands wrap around my waist and pick me up. 

"Ah!" I shriek, clutching my phone tight. 

"Gotcha!" Tuukka throws me over his shoulder, and leaves the apartment. 

"I hate you so much right now," I mutter as Tuukka steps into the elevator. 

He laughs. "You love me."

"No, I don't." 

"Yes, you do. Then what was last night?" 

"It's called a sugar rush. Look it up," I snap. 

"Ooh, sassy. Someone definitely isn't a morning person." 

"No, I'm not," I mutter. 

"Well, you better turn down the grouchy a little bit. The guys won't like you if you're mean and biting their heads off." 

"They can suck it up. I really don't care." 

I let out a small yelp as Tuukka dumps me on the floor. 

"You gonna help me up?" I frown at him from the floor. 

"Nah, not really." He leans back against the elevator wall. 

"Rude boy," I mutter as I get up. 

"Thanks for the help," I say sarcastically as we get off the elevator. Tuukka just smiles and graciously lets me off first. 

"I live to help." 

 I laugh with him as we go to the garage and climb in his car. Tuukka starts his car when his phone goes off. He sighs, and checks it.