16.Soulmates

C'mon c'mon turn your radio on
It's Friday night and I won't be long

Sia's energetic voice hits my ears but it is not helping at all to over come the guilt that has engulfed me from the time I heard Neyonika's words....Manik has tried much to  make me realize that her words don't matter and she just wants to cause us to be sad but somewhere she was true that after a month or a year I will leave Manik and then it won't be easy for him to live without me...

Am I being selfish by staying with him ?

Ayiapa show me a way

It's a girls' sleepover night as all the girls are at Navya's home to enjoy her unmarried life...

They all are busy in dancing crazily in the room while I'm sitting silently on the bed diligent in my thoughts...

My friends have allowed me to sit in silence just because I reasoned that I'm not that well to dance as after that I will get all exhausted or else they would have dragged me and made me dance forcefully....

I've asked Manik to just leave his parents at their own and don't take a step against them as he was too much furious at the way they talked to me but he is THE MANIK MALHOTRA and he won't stop...he will do what he wants to....Talking about me I have come to the most tough part of my life where I have to choose between my happiness and Manik...I would love to choose Manik's but according to him I'm his happiness and I can't drag him to the death with me...I shall make hum forget very early as after I'm gone he will live in peace...

Although Doctor has given us the hope of me getting cured but I have heard that the result of cancer is only bidding good bye to your loved ones....

Suddenly my phone buzzes and I look at the caller id

It's Rishab

Thank god the phone was in my hand or else I wouldn't have known that someone called me

I signal Navya that I'm going to attend call outside as over here there is music being played..

I move to the terrace

"Yes Rishab " I say picking up the call and adjust in my shirt to prevent cold breeze...

"You okay sis ?" He asks

He is such a caring brother

"Yeah " I reply "why did you call ?" I question

"I just had an urge to call you and talk to you !! Like sharing what happened and all " he says and I awe at his words

"So , what happened today ?" I ask as I stand with the railing and keep my one across my chest beneath the arm above elbow from which I am holding phone..

"I met mentally disabled kid !! " he announces

"What ?" I ask

"Yeah !! An employe's son from our company " he tells and I put my hand on the mouth and a prayer escapes my heart for that poor soul...

"What about your day ?" He asks and I don't have anything to tell him as I can't tell him about the words I listened today from Neyonika and her husband...

"Nothing special " I lie

"C'mon sis !! You know that I can tell from your voice that you are lying " he catches my lie