40.A New Phase?

"I could not have got anything better than Manik." I say on liking what Aryamn has said earlier.

"He is very lucky." Aryman says still zoned out to God knows where.

His words raise my level of anger.

"No one is perdect in this world Aryaman. Relationship is not made after seeing someone's perfection. Love should be perfect not the ones you love." "Nandini I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's just that I said what I felt. I am sorry." Aryaman panics on sensing my hightened voice.

"I don't want to spoil this moment." He says

"I have gained your trust after so long." He says and I calm down although I don't like the choice of his words.

"Fine."

"It's just that...." he trails off the sentence leaving me puzzled. I raise mt eyebrow as I didn't feel like uttering a word as I shivered due to cold.

"I am actually worried for you." he points out his worry. "but why ?"

"Because I don't know whethwr Manik is going tobe there withyou when you will be needing him the most." He exlresses wbat has been bothering him and I stare at him all shocked

Who the hell is he to think of me?

And care for me?

And to think of Manik as a loser?

Forget that. How could he even think of mine and Manik's relation.

" Aryaman I don't remember where and when I gave you the authority to think of my future ." No more patience. "I am concerned because you are a friend to me." He says sounding offended

I don't care. He should have thought before hand.

"None of my friends say things like this and secondly all my friends know what Manik is." I feel my teeth gritting as I stress on my words.

"Aryaman it's getting cold ao I a heading inside." I announce as a sign to quit the argument we have.

I turn around and start to walk towards the hotel. I see Rishab approaching.

Thank God he didn't hear anything or else he would have strnagled Aryaman.

"And the authority you were talking about. Then let me tell you that I do have it." Aryaman's voice reaches me, making me stop in my movement.

If he doesn't stop then Rishab might hear.

Hell qith you Aryaman

Dig your own grave

"Because I am gonna marry you."

Numb

"Very soon."

****

Manik

"I am gonna give her a surprise." I say over the phone.

"Bro you have drowned in the emotion called love and becoming romeo." Dhruv mocks "Meeting the girl I love just because I miss her is not becoming romeo."

"But you definitely are visiting her at this time when you know she will be leaving for Mumbai in few hours. She  be in Mumbai tomorrow herself." Dhruv tries to make me realize.

Key word., tries

"Dhruv you should understand my situation." I sound sentimental "Why am I even asking you to understand? I am already on the way and no one can stop me now." I cut the call and concentrate on the deserted roads. Fog spreads over the windscreen amd the windows due to cold. There is no noise that I can hear.