39. Old Friend

What can love make you do ?

To which extent it can take you to ?

How many limits it makes you cross ?

You don't know

You can never know just like you can never know why you start falling in love , when a person becomes so important in your life and slowly starts invading your privacy but that's all you want. You can never answer a question like 'why you love that person ?' Once you start searching for the answer , you keep on adding to the list. You consider their beauty , smile , nature , way of talking , expressions and what not but you realize that you couldn't even right all the things. The answer usually ends with an etc. You can even fall in love double or half your age , even with one who doesn't have a perfect figure , who cannot control on their anger , even who aren't fair and etc. Love happens like a magic happens. love never happens after considering things about a person , that's attraction. No one can see or expect. You can sometimes fall in love with someone you used to hate.

Huh

I think of all the possible reason of loving her but fail miserably. Why ? I know the answer to this why. I know that I couldn't have a control over my heart and I fell for , hard. I didn't even recognise that I was falling for her , for Nandini. And when the feeling called love stroke me , I felt being casted under her spell.

Her spell has been the beautiful phase of life. In the wish of being casted under her spell for the rest of my life I have come all the way to the temple.

People say that the ones you love bring you close to the things they believe. She believes her Ayiappa. She brought me here. But I never wanted to believe in her Ayiappa in this situation , like this.

I climb the stairs slowly as I look ahead and keep on thinking on my way inside in which she changed me. My unconditional love for her brought me here today to pray for her life. To pray for my life. I can even hear the sound of my bare feat touching the cold marble. There's pin drop silence as I walk through the isolated area. I have specifically chosen this hour in the morning more precisely because at exact 4:am Nandini gets up only to pray.

I pace towards the place of prayer and as I step forward , there gets a rise in my heartbeat. It's because of all the things I have in my heart to pray for or rather the only thing.

****
Author's pov

"Rishab you are way too fit than me." Nandini says to her brother jogging by her side.

"I know." He says with a chuckle

"Where's Aryaman living." Nandini asks as she tries to maintain her breath.

"In the same hotel." Comes the reply from the figure jogging without any symptoms of tiredness.

"He is not the same person." I express my views

"May be."

"I want to have something yummy." I say feeling hungry.

"lets go then." rishab agrees and we move towards a restaurant on the beech. It is made of wood and does not consume a lot of place. Chinese lanterns hang from the ceiling and soft music plays behind, increasi g the serenity of the place.

We sit on the table beside the wall and go through the menu.

"pancakes ?" rishab auestions thinking I'll order the same.

"No. Vanilla French Toast."

"I'll go for chocolate croissants ."

"May I join you guys?" I lookup from the menu to see Aryamn standing beside our table wearing his smile like previous days.