38. Another page of same chapter

"Cross my heart, hope to die
To my lover, I'd never lie
He said "be true," I swear I'll try
In the end, it's him and I
He's out his head, I'm out my mind
We got that love, the crazy kind
I am his, and he is mine
In the end, it's him and I, him and I."

I listen to the new favourite song from my playlist sitting in a plane, in the middle of nowhere.

Rishab pokes my arm gaining my attention. I take off my headsets to listen to what he says.

"You will be okay there na ?" He asks unsure of his own words.

"Of course baby bro." I try to divert his mind.

"Do not call me that." He states in a threatening tone.

"Or what ?" I ask acting all brave.

"Or I'll throw you off the plane." He says maintaining an angry face.

"I dare you." I say and once again hold headset to set over my head.

"Talk to me." Rishab says stopping me from playing music. "I am bored." He confesses

"Watch a film.?" I suggest

"I don't feel like." He seems like a kid seeking for his mother's attention.

"What do you want to talk about ?" I ask helping him to shoo away his boredom.

"Anything." He shrugs off his shoulders. "Your friendship with Aryaman.?" He asks unsure of what he will receive as a reaction.

"We are not even friends." I state

"Well. He is trying to be one with you."

"Rishab I have always believed that people grow." I add "may be Aryaman has also changed and really wants us to forgive him for whatever happened."

"It is totally your decision to either forgive him or not."  I nod "but I would like you to not be too informal."

"You don't trust him, right.?"

"For now."

And out conversation continue to tackle the time.

______________________

I fell on the bed with phone in my hand as I feel energy leaving my body.

"Hellllllloo." I sound way too dramatic as I send Manik a voice message.

He is having a meeting as he told me and still I want to distract him. It feels so good.

"What is my baby doing.?" I sound cheesy as I send another voice message in a second.

Next second I am notified by Manik's message.

Voice

"If you don't stop you'll be punished." I hear.

Shit !!

He is clearly talking to someone else but said those words to me.

Manik Malhotra always has his ways.

"And you know that what Manik Malhotra says, he does."

Another threat.

I am dead.

*****

Frozen lake is the only surface beneath me. No one dares to stop as I skate all over the lake. I enjoy it just like a bird enjoys getting free from the cage. Cage ? I wasn't in a cage so why this feeling ?  I sway and jeep on skating on the never ending lake. The ice cold breeze strike my face maintaining my hair to keep on dancing in n the wind which suspend from the cap that I wore due to the temperature. I can feel my hands getting colder beneath the gloves. Cold , lightening bolt speed , nothing can stop me from doing anything I feel like. No one's there to prohibit me. After skating for almost an eternity with no time escaping I stop in the middle of nowhere with my hands at knees and my pants irregular as I try to gain the lost breath. A smile creeps on my lips and I feel like every organ of my body claiming to be the happiest. I stabilize my breathing and then stand straight and look up to witness the cloudy sky with very less percentage of sunlight. I smile brighter. Cloudy weather always makes me happy. I keep on looking at the sky until..... What is happening ? The clouds rushing to somewhere and in no time leave the sky all cleared up but it did not last for long as the sun takes their place. In a fraction of a second the cloudy weather transforms into the sunny one and same time was taken by my hands to turn sweaty under the glove and I can feel the sweat travelling down my nape , and in between my toes. What's happening ? I look down as the bright shine of the sun makes it unable for me to see the sky. Looking on the ground makes me realize that I am still on the frozen lake which now has cracks and I witness the water moving beneath the upper layer of ice. OH MY GOD.