44. You, Me And Us

"Wake up, Nandini. "

"For God's sake."

"Open your eyes."

I hear faint voice calling out for me again and again.

I feel something heavy on my eyelids but try to open my eyes.

I open my eyes to close them at once due to light.

"Ahh" A voice escapes my dry throat and feel pain. I feel like I haven't had water since ages. I try and open my eyes once again, a little slow this time and see a familiar face hovering over me and blocking the light by keeping his hand on my forehead. I so want to get up but just to avoid any contact with his face, I lay back down. I am too weak to push him. I feel his breath on my face and I feel like kicking him but can't gather the energy to do so.

"Thank God you are okay." He lets go of his breath and I try to sum up what happened and where am I.

"How?" I can only come up with a single word as I once again feel a pain in my throat. "Paani" before I could get any answer, I asked for water.

"Here." He says and carefully makes me sit while holding my waist and makes me drink water. I try to move back to avoid contact. "Are you okay?" He asks touching my shoulder and I at once jump and move away. He sees my discomfort and stands in front of me. "I came to give this file to you but found you fainted." He says pointing to the file placed on table.

"Thanks Aryaman." I say and still try to recognize everything groing around. "But don't tell it to anyone." I say and look at him as he looks at me with shocked expressions and raised eyebrow.

"Okay. But Nandini you know right that you should see the doctor." he suggests.

"I know what I have to do." I say gritting my teeth.

I cannot take away the image of him hovering over me almost an inch away from my face and how he held me from my waist. I feel disgusting.

"Easy there. I am just worried for you." he says bending a little towards me.

"You don't have to." If he doesn't go and then he will die from my hand.

"Nandini you don't have to do this. I am not your enemy. I am trying to be friends with you so that we can have a good start of our relationsh.." Before he can complete, I stand up and interrupt him.

"Don't even think of that. I have already told you and you even know that I will never marry you." I say feeling like all of my energy is drained out.

"Our parents want it and I won't let you do something that can harm my father's respect." He says getting angry.

"You and I can never be together." I breathe heavily as I feel shortage of oxygen.

"That's nonsense." He says and jerks me towards himself by holding me by my arms.

"Leave me." I try to get out of his grip.

"Or else what?" He says and tries to come closer when..

BOOM

"Manik" I call his name as a prayer as he throws Aryaman on the floor and starts beating him. The tears that have been gathered at the back of my eyes start to flow on seeing my saviour. I cry silently seeing him beat Aryaman.

"How dare you touch her?" He says gritting his teeth and was about to hit him right in his face when I stop him.

"Manik." I say loudly and my silent cries turn into sobs and hiccups as I try to gather words to explain my condition.