47. Inner Turmoil

Manik's POV

I stand by the railing in the balcony, attached to my room looking at the peaceful night. It's quarter past 3 and I care less about sleeping.

I don't know what to feel. There's no emotion in me. As if someone sucked everything out of me and filled me with a only one abstract noun.

'HOPE'

A four letter word but it gives me the authority to dream about good days filled with laughter, filled with me and Nandini.

I glance at me hand that have a fistful of her hair.

How much I love her hair. Nuzzling in those silky locks which leave me into haze.

Yesterday when, her dad announced his approval over our relation I rushed to Nandini to engulf her into my embrace that resulted in her raising her head a bit from the pillow.

That's when I came across something I wouldn't wish ever in my life.

Her hair lying on the pillow detached from her head.

Bringing myself out of shock, I quickly gathered them in my hand, not wanting her to witness it.

She will know it. She may know it already when she brushed before going to bed. But she's pretending like she's absolutely fine.

I let go of the breath that I have been holding since wee hours and move to my room at lie down, knowing that sleep was still not yet to come.

I lie down with my arm under my head and my body facing the ceiling. Despite all the thoughts I was having few minutes back, a smile creeps onto my lips thinking that she will be right here beside me soon.

As my legally wedded wife.

The message ringtone grabs my attention and I quickly unlock my phone after grabbing it from the side table to come across a message from the one who has my thoughts occupied.

"Good Night, Fiancé."

I smile at her habit of texting me 'good night' and 'good morning' every day since last month but the new nickname made me realize that how close we are to our dreams of being together.

"Good Night, soon to be wife."

I reply and chuckle at how I have turned into a complete love sick puppy but I care less. It does not matter if it's someone who has captured your mind, heart and soul.

On any other day if she would have texted me 'A good night message' at this time then I should have called her asking her the reason of her being up till this late but today I knew she had a girl's night at her place.

I smirk thinking that she might talk about me to her friends. Explaining how happy and excited she is and that is what makes me the happiest man.

***

Currently I am sitting in my office after a hectic schedule of back to back meetings as I have been postponing them since last week to not leave Nandini alone. But now I think I should get over with them soon to pay all of my attention to her.

Well, you can see; she is on my mind all the time.

I was signing the papers when suddenly phone starts ringing grabbing all of my attention.

Nandini's name flashes and I leave the pen and hit my back with the chair to get more comfortable and have a conversation with her.

I pick up the call and I was going to address her with one of the nicknames that I have for her when her sobs grab my attention.