Chapter 16:Pearl's Return

A/N: Thanks so much we got 86 reads I thought I would barley make it past 10 this means so much to me thank you now back to the story.

Steven's P.O.V

Nice I thought as I bubbled Orange Citrine. I began looking for Yellow Diamond and the others when suddenly I spotted them. They were cornered. They must've been running from her because they all looked tired out. Corrupted Sapphire was in the back clearly confused but not harming any one just staring at the ocean. Ruby looked tired out and worried standing in front of Sapphire. Amethyst had her wip out and was in front of all of them. I have to help them I thought. Suddenly an arm grabbed mine. I turned around to see Pearl.

"Pearl!" I exclaimed. "Aren't you under control of Howlite?" I asked confused. "Yes I was but now that she's gone her tricks wore off" Pearl answered. "What are we going to do then?" I asked gesturing to Yellow Diamond getting closer to the cornered crew taking slow but harsh steps. "I'll distract Yellow Diamond she's impulsive so she'll attack me you have to lead the others away" Pearl said. "What! No that's way to dangerous taking on Yellow Diamond by yourself" I said surprised that she would make that offer. "We don't have a choice" Pearl said. I nodded accepting the fact that she was right.

Pearl ran as fast as he could over to them and summoned a spear. She threw it and it went flying into the air bouncing off Yellow Diamond harmlessly. Just as plan Yellow Diamond turned her attention to Pearl. Yellow Diamond scowled "a Pearl on earth fighting"Yellow Diamond said bitterly. Pearl summoned another spear and super jumped up to Yellow Diamond's face. Pearl looked nervous but what she did clearly must've been nerve racking she smacked Yellow Diamond right across the face. Yellow Diamond charged at Pearl forgetting about the small group of gems that were cornered.

Seeing this as my chance I ran over to them. "Hey come on we have to get out of here" I told them. "What about Pearl?" Ruby asked. "It's apart of our plan" I answered. We began running to the temple when I saw Pearl being flung back. Suddenly out of Yellow Diamonds ship came a Yellow Pearl. She looked around and her smug look landed on the gems I forgot about. Peridot,Lapis oh no I forgot to get them I thought worriedly. I yelled to Ruby "Get the others to a safe spot I'll meet you guys their!!". Ruby was going to protest but she grabbed the corrupted Sapphire's hand and they began running toward the temple.

I ran at the top of my speed to get their first but the Pearl was to fast as I got their she picked up the two gems and first took Lapis' gem. Yellow Pearl began to squeeze it hard. It was going to crack. The pressure was way to intense on Lapis' gem. I pulled out my shield quick and threw it at Yellow Pearl's hand that held the gem. Lapis' gem fell to the floor and I quickly scooped it up. She still had Peridot's gem. I looked back to see Pearls movements against Yellow Diamond become sloppy and Yellow Diamond was able to get many more damaging kicks in.

I lunged for the Yellow Pearl but she moved aside. I noticed she didn't talk. She just had the green gem clearly wanting to get the honor of shattering a crystal gem. I threw another shield but she dodged that. I threw multiple shields each one missing. Yellow Pearl started going for the ship. Now's my chance I thought. I threw the shield and it knocked her off balance. The green gem was by the shore of the beach. I ran in front of Yellow Pearl and grabbed the green gem. Lapis' gem was in my left hand Peridot's gem in right hand. I started running towards the temple. A while bunch of thoughts went through my head but the main one was why didn't Lapis or Peridot reform yet?

I began running towards the temple. I jumped and floated up to the house and opened the door. I was out of breath. "Ruby!" "Amethyst""it's me Steven!!" I called. Suddenly the temple door opened. "Steven!!" Amethyst called. I ran over to her. "Pearls got Yellow Diamond delayed but I'm not sure if she's going to be able to keep up what she's doing for long" I said. "Got it go to my room Ruby is waiting for you I'll go get Pearl" Amethyst said. I nodded and ran into the temple.

I slid down the water fall to Amethyst's room. Ruby was pacing around and talking to herself. She then spotted me. "Steven!!!!" Ruby called. I ran over to her. "Steven what every you did to Amethyst you have to do to Sapphire" Ruby said. "What!!" I exclaimed. "I did that on accident I'm not sure if it's going to work this time!" I said. "Please" Ruby pleaded. "Ok I'll try" I told her. I payed on the ground tossing and turning to go to sleep. Some how I drifted off to sleep....

I woke up on an icy blue ocean and I saw the corrupted Sapphire standing on it. Ok I thought. Here we go and with that I began to go into her mind.