Chapter 24: Kunzite Catches A Ride and Saves The Day

Stevens P.O.V

While we were walking back Peridot moved to the front of the group next to Pearl and Pearl whispered something in her ear. Peridots eyes widened and then she nodded. Whatever they were talking about was important so thank god Kunzite wasn't looking at them. When we got back in the house we all went our separate ways. "I'm gonna go reboot Kunzite's ship so if we ever need it for battle we can use it" Peridot said proudly.

"I better go help the Peridot reboot the ship before she blows it up" Orange Citrine said. "I'll go watch and make sure Orange Citrine doesn't pull a fast one" Amethyst said. So that left Kunzite,Pearl,Garnet,and I. Pearl walked into the temple clearly having a lot to think about. Garnet followed leaving me with Kunzite. Kunzite walked up to the warp pad and stood in the center and stared at me.

"Are you coming?" Kunzite asked in a demanding voice. "Oh yea" I replied. As we were warping I asked, "so where are we going?". "The battle field" she whispered. I nodded. When we arrived she looked around with sad eyes. "I fought in the war I watched our armies lose" Kunzite said. I nodded. "There's a base where the Home World gems implanted the cluster" Kunzite said. "I need to find it". I was going to object but she interrupted. "Try to keep up" Kunzite said. I was sure she was going to leave me in the dust but then her gem started glowing and she ran off with very fast speed. I knew I wasn't going to catch up but then I realized that when she ran there was a dark pink glowing dust that made a trail. She literally left me in the dust. Nevertheless I ran after her.

When I found her she was searching through very thick vines of strawberries. Suddenly I heard something like metal scratching on metal. "Found it!" Kunzite said. I ran up next to her and I saw a trapdoor that had a ladder that led down. Kunzite didn't hesitate she jumped right down not bothering to take one step at a time. Playing it safe I took one step at a time and when I reached the bottom I saw a narrow pathway that led to a door. I walked through to the door and walked in. There Kunzite was looking at a computer that had a lot of files on it. I assumed they were all about the cluster. Kunzite went on the computer and was doing a whole lot of complicated stuff.

"So what are you doing?" I asked, trying to break the silence. "Look" she said. Suddenly on the screen a picture of the cluster showed up. "I know you guys did something to it. Otherwise pain waves would be coming off of it" Kunzite said,confusing me. "What are pain waves?" I asked. "Pain waves are how much pain the cluster is in, the more pain waves there are, the more stronger and bigger the cluster forms" Kunzite explained. "We should be heading back to the temple" I told her. She nodded shut off the computer and started running back to the warp pad.

When we got back to the temple I knew something was wrong. There was a vibrating noise in the air and screaming from outside. Kunzite and I ran outside to see Amethyst passed out on the ground, Peridot in panic using her metal powers to pick up pieces of metal and throwing them at Kunzite's ship. Pearl was in panic running around throwing spears to the ship that was to high to jump to. Garnet was clearly trying to formulate a plan. But what I saw was Orange Citrine on the ship blasting lasers at everyone. "That double crosser!!!" I yelled. I was going to throw my shield but suddenly Kunzite put a hand on my shoulder.

"Increase your shield size,aim for the window, and throw as hard as you can" she spoke calmly. I did as told and as I threw my shield at the window. Kunzite jumped on my shield and flew threw the air to the blue window which shattered on impact of the shield. I heard Kunzite tackle Orange Citrine and the ship stopped floating up and stayed in the air. That's when Garnet took action and jumped on the house then with all her might jumped above the ship and summoned very big gauntlets and then smashed the ship downward so I went flying to the ground.

When the door to the ship opened we saw a pinned Orange Citrine and Kunzite was the one pinning her. "I caught your traitor" Kunzite said. "She was planning this from the start apparently" Kunzite said reading her mind. "She was just waiting for the perfect moment to throw the Peridot off the ship and hit the Amethyst" Kunzite added. Kunzite lifted Orange Citrine to her feet and like a police officer had her hands around Orange Citrine wrist. "Whatever you want to do to her" Kunzite said handing her to Garnet.

Garnet then patted her down looking for any possible weapons but what she found was a white gem. Not just any white gem. A white gem that I recognized. Howlite's gem.