Chap 7

~Lakota~

I lay in the kitchen watching Levi cook some weird concoction while he made small talk with Kyle. It brought me back to the time when Kyle lost his memory and I stayed by his side as he started his mating process with Levi. Man those were tough times with the hunters after us but then I met Cyrus.

I was grateful to them all for bringing us together but now I was in such a weird position I didn't know what to do with myself. One mate was hard enough, now two! I'm in over my head here.

Shaking my head I stood and trotted out the back kitchens huge doggy door. Out on the back porch I could see Connor and Teagan walking up out of the forest.

"Hey Lakota" Connor said. "What are you up to?" kneeling down he ran his hands through my coat and I closed my eyes arching for a deeper scratch.

Laughing Connor obliged,

"So I hear you have two mates" he said out of nowhere and I sagged to the ground.

Can a wolf get a break?

"Oh wow" Connor voice at my reaction to his words. "That bad is it?"

You have no idea!

"Hmm, why don't we all do something later? I have to take a shower and talk with the Head Elder but after that you, Teagan and I can all go do something." I glanced up at them and my eyes traveled over towards my brother for the first time and saw a little apprehension.

I nodded,

"Good, see you in a bit" and with that he and Teagan walked in the house.

******

Awkwardly I slid into constricting jeans and a t-shirt. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I nodded with confidence. Today I would have fun or something, just get my mind off my present situation for a while... hopefully.

Being on two leg will be fine for a while.

Closing the bedroom door behind me and I walked down the stairs to find Connor and Teagan standing together. Connor looked at ease as he waited while Teagan looked like a caged tiger. The same way he looked when I first met him back at the training grounds.

"Lakota!" Connor said stepping up to me and smiled. "You look good as a human" he joked.

Blushing I ducked my head and ran my fingers through my long unruly hair. Connor suddenly laughed and I look up at him.

"I know exactly where to start today, come along brother dearest." He grabbed my hand and pulled me outside while Teagan followed silently behind.

"Today is all about Lakota."

It is?

The car started and off we went. As we drove towards civilian, I suddenly noticed I'd never been since coming here with Cyrus. Being in wolf form puts a big restriction on the places I can go. I stared in awe at all the old beautiful buildings and foreign cars. So this was what urban England was like.

People rushed by each other barely paying attention to one another. Cars honked and roared down the streets.

"Hey, you want to roll down your window and stick your tongue out while you're at it?" I heard Connor snicker as the window did roll down suddenly. Narrowing my eyes I snarled at him with a curl of my lip playfully.

Then the car stopped, glance out my window to see an old fashioned building painted in a dark brown with a white and red spinning cylinder on it.

"Come on Lakota, you're going to need this."