Chap 10

A/N at the end.

~Lakota~

"Let's get going" Cyrus told the group and we started heading out.

Something was bothering him, the moment he came back from talking with Gale his whole demeanor had changed and his scent too. I kept it to myself but his scent was overwhelmingly drenched in Gale's floral scent. It was soothing and curious all at the same time when we were laying together last night. It reminded me of the time I was in the restaurant when the two of them came in and their combined intoxicating scent of spring rain falling on a bed of flowers engulfed me.

I wanted to ask if he found out what was wrong with Gale but once Cyrus retuned, Gale came back not much later looking refreshed and happy smelling overwhelmingly like Cyrus as well. Cyrus became stiff and quiet the moment Gale showed up. Silently I watched the two closely, trying to find any tale tell signs of what happened between them.

A hand brushed the top of my head softly as Gale came to stand behind me.

"Hey Lakot" he said with his usual smile. I turned towards him and surveyed him closely.

"You look better today." I said. He rose a brow at me before his smile widened.

"I do, thank you for what you did by the way."

"And what exactly did you guys do" I teased sniffing him loudly.

He shook his head softly and leant do, pressing his lips to mine. A shiver raced down my spine from the shock of our lips connecting. His big hand moved from the top of my head down the back and gripped the strands tightly. My hands reached out behind him and pulled at his shirt taking it in my grasp.

I never knew that kissing someone could feel so good.

"Ahem" the sound of a loud interruptive cough had me pulling away Gale slightly. My body was flushed and left gasping as Gale separated us to look over at Cyrus.

"Hey, you got to hug him all night" he shrugged. I glanced over at Cyrus to see his narrowed eyes and surprisingly flushed cheeks. He tightened his lips in annoyance and gazing down at me, his expression softening.

"Were leaving." I nodded shifting in my wolf form.

And with that we were off.

*****

Our group came to a halt at Cyrus command around midday. Connor shifted along with Teagan.

"What is it?" Connor asked Cyrus.

Human once again Cyrus turned towards us.

"There's a foul stench in the air."

"You noticed that too" Gale said walking up beside me.

"Yeah, it means we're close to the 'Seer' and she's not happy about it."

"How do we draw her out?" Connor asked.

Cyrus snickered.

"We already have." He answered and within seconds everything went to hell.

Something curled around my hind leg and I was airborne, everyone's shocked faces were upside down as I whined in surprise. I glanced down at my foot to see a vine reaching out from the bushes.

"Lakota!" multiple voice exclaimed.

Then I was soaring through the air, hitting branches in my wake. I landed with a thud, rolling to a painful stop right at a pair of little filthy bare feet. Glancing up taking in the dirty ripped white dress they wore, I saw a shaggy shower of long wavy blonde hair obscuring my vision of the mysterious persons face as they leant down towards me.