Chap 12

~Lakota~

There were voices all around me, but I couldn't hear them. Everything was muffled as I sat in the meeting with the Alpha Avery, the Elders, Connor, Teagan, Elijah and my mates. I took a position in the back of everyone and all I could focus on was my hand as it twitched. It's like my body couldn't stay still no matter what it did. Gritting my teeth, I clamped my other over my restless one and squeezed tight, hopefully the pain would distract me. Taking a deep breath, I looked back up to everyone talking back and forth and immediately a sickening feeling came over me. My stomach rebelled but I held back my nausea.

The image before me wavered and it was replaced with something I wished to never see again. There was a cold sensation crawling around my neck, it burned as it lay there. Reaching up with shaky fingers I felt metal circling my neck. My eyes widened.

No!

Replacing the men in the room with me were familiar women in black. They were all discussing new batch of men they were planning on taking for sustenance. I flinched as I noticed I was standing in the corner being as quiet as possible. There was an empty tray in bruised and shaky hands. I shrank back hoping none of them noticed me.

"Which reminds me, I'm starving" one of them women said.

Slowly I watched her species signature cloudy blue gaze rise towards mine. She approached me, a sway in her hips as she came to stand before me. By this time my whole body was shaking in fear.

"Please, no" I whimpered.

"Aw, how cute" she purred as she reached up and caressed her gloved hands down my cheek. "You're just so adorable I can't help myself." She whispered close to my ear.

"Essy, leave the boy alone." A familiar voice said. If anything this voice just made me tremble more. It was the one I hated the most, the one that caused me the most pain.

"He's mine, hands off"

"Oh, come on, can't I have just a little of the puppy?"

"No, if I let you have a taste then you'll just want more." The one that made me call her mistress cocked her finger at me, beckoning me to come. With unstable legs I wobbled past the first woman and came to stand before mistress. With a dangerous smirk I watched her raise her gloved fingers up to her red lips and bit the tip of her middle finger with her perfect white teeth. Slowly the glove slid off her hand and out of her mouth, landing in her lap.

My breath was starting to come in gasps as I stood and stared at that hand coming closer and closer. I didn't move, I didn't dare. She wouldn't trust me to roam free if I ran away from her. I had to endure the pain, I had to take the pain as she fed her insatiable sadistic appetite. I was the only one who could be called a pet in this whole dungeon of horror. I was the only one that gained the trust of a Siren. Closing my eyes I shut off everything, emotions, feelings.

Endure, endure, endure.' I chanted as I felt my wolf coming to the surface to protect me like he always did. I owed him everything as he took everything that was done to me. He minimized the pain, he kept me sane as they tortured me, pushing me in the back and taking the forefront.

But as I weakly stood there waiting for the pain, her fingers inches from my face, my wolf was no longer there, and I was mentally thrown forward just as her cold fingers touched down my cheek to my neck. Snapping my eyes open my body stiffened as I began to convulse in agony and a scream was torn from my mouth.

"Lakota!" my ears were finally filled with sounds but unfortunately it was my own cry.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>