Chap 17

~Lakota~

"Push harder! Throw your weight into it" gritting my teeth I followed Cyrus's instructions and punched the sandbag as hard as I could.

"Yes!" he cheered as he took the brunt of the hit.

It wasn't my first time down in the pack gym. Cyrus had been teaching me the basics of his training since way back in Alaska. When I would change back into my human form he thought it would be a good idea to teach me some fighting techniques since that was what he specialized in. I remember back when he was in charge of the I Division with Connor and Teagan he would work with me sometimes when I felt comfortable enough to shift.

"Now I want to feel you kick this bag to hell." I looked up at him as he spoke, his blue eyes focused on me intently and I did what he said.

Balancing myself on my left foot, bringing my fists up towards my face, I brought my other leg up and fired off rapid kicks with the top of my foot.

"There you go!" he jerked with every kick.

"Whoa look at you Lakot, you're kicking that bags ass" Gale came up behind me as I set my foot down in surprise.

"I didn't know you knew how to fight," he said in genuine awe.

"He's been training with me every chance we got for the last couple years. I'm pretty sure he could take you down if he wanted to." Cyrus snickered.

"Oh look the sandbags talking. Let's get out of here!" Gale exclaimed, making a show and wrapped his arm around me guiding me out of the gym.

"Hey! We were in the middle of something." Cyrus complained

"Cyrus!" someone called from across the room. Sighing he looked over at us.

"You guys go ahead I'll catch up"

"No need, take your time k" Gale smiled as Cyrus rolled his eyes and walked over towards the guy. Gale walked me out of the gym holding me close to him.

"So answer me this, if you knew how to fight why didn't you try when my dad captured you."

"Because even if I did fight, I probably would have gone four steps and had been captured again. Being held captive is one of my specialties, I know all the rules." I answered bitterly.

"Oh, how long have you been training with him?" Gale asked changing the subject. His face was full of guilt.

"Well over the last couple of years he would teach me something here or there, anytime I was comfortable enough to be out in my human form. But since I can't hide anymore Cyrus thinks it's best if I buckled down on it now."

"I see, well you were great. If you want I know a few things I can teach you too." He grinned leaning down and nuzzling his face in the side of my neck. I bit my lip to keep from grinning like an idiot.

After that night when Gale revealed his past to Cyrus and me, I felt so much closer to him now. Personally, it was the first time in my life I wanted to hold and protect someone and never let them leave my site. Even without my wolf I still felt that intense bond between my mates. I thought that the feeling would lessen without him but that was far from it.

"I don't think that's the same kind of training" I giggled nuzzling him back because frankly, I couldn't help myself.

"It's even better" he whispered into my ear, tracing the curve of my ear with his tongue. I closed my eyes at the fierce sensation that ran down my whole body.

I wanted to tell him to give me more of this amazing feeling. I didn't have a very sexual nature like most wolves do... well, I thought I didn't but lately, even without my wolf, I have been feeling some intense urges as of late. Any time Cyrus or Gale would even brush up against me my body would ignite. I wasn't use to feeling like I was about to burst into flames but the thought of Gale's lips on my skin just about put me over the edge.